today's ride

Old May 18th 18, 04:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

Default today's ride

On Wed, 16 May 2018 12:33:20 -0700 (PDT), jbeattie
wrote:

On Wednesday, May 16, 2018 at 11:57:47 AM UTC-7, David Scheidt wrote:
Sepp Ruf wrote:
avid Scheidt wrote:
: https://imgur.com/gallery/PlGukiI

:Contact screwed while cruising!

: At least it was sunny!

:See how you hadn't fared any better with thicker layers of puncture protection?

If I were Joerg, I'd be after steel belted tires. I'll settle for a
flat once every couple years.
(it actaully took half a block to go flat, I could hear something
hitting the chain stay, but couldn't figure it out. The 'pssst' gave
it away a few seconds later.)

Tank tracks. If the bicycle manufacturers only understood how to build bikes,

they would spec them with tank tracks. This one little company got it
right. https://lunacycle.com/luna-m1-tank-t...onversion-kit/ I've
been doing that on my own for years -- with a solid rubber front tire.
If you want it done right, you have to do it yourself. It's just like
making beer. Did I mention I make beer? Did I mention mountain lions?
Scared cows? God-fearing country-folk? Hors categorie gnar?

-- Jay Beattie.

On the other hand, if the tire (or the beer) didn't go flat, the
mounting lions didn't mount, or the cows weren't frightened there
wouldn't be anything to talk about.
--
Cheers,

John B.

today's ride AMuzi Techniques 73 April 24th 18 06:38 PM
Today's Ride fairypenguin22 Unicycling 0 July 5th 08 06:55 PM
Today's Ride Tom Crispin UK 0 May 5th 08 10:04 PM
Today's ride wafflycat UK 19 February 19th 08 01:22 PM
I went for a ride today small change Mountain Biking 5 August 3rd 05 01:41 PM