How did the stupid driver miss this marshal?

Old May 7th 18, 06:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default How did the stupid driver miss this marshal?

Astana are "deeply sorry" after a support car almost hit a volunteer and crashed through a traffic island during the Tour de Yorkshire.

Race marshal Philip Sullivan said he was "shaken but unhurt" after Sunday's incident on the final stage in Leeds. Astana have spoken to Mr Sullivan and "will have some gifts for him".

"The sport director that was driving the car contacted the race organiser directly after the race to send our apologies," a statement read.

++++"We're sorry and want this to never happen again." EMPHASIS MINE

Mr Sullivan was unhurt and said he did not want the crash to "tarnish the the Tour de Yorkshire" and during his conversation with Astana sports director Lars Michaelsen said that he would volunteer at next year's race, where the two will "meet for a beer".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/44028217
Old May 7th 18, 07:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

wrote:
Astana are "deeply sorry" after a support car almost hit a volunteer
and crashed through a traffic island during the Tour de Yorkshire.

Race marshal Philip Sullivan said he was "shaken but unhurt" after
Sunday's incident on the final stage in Leeds. Astana have spoken to
Mr Sullivan and "will have some gifts for him".

"The sport director that was driving the car contacted the race
organiser directly after the race to send our apologies," a statement
read.

++++"We're sorry and want this to never happen again." EMPHASIS MINE

Mr Sullivan was unhurt and said he did not want the crash to "tarnish
the the Tour de Yorkshire" and during his conversation with Astana
sports director Lars Michaelsen said that he would volunteer at next
year's race, where the two will "meet for a beer".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/44028217

Most likely the driver was also a cyclist and all know about the gross
stupidity of cyclists.
Just face the truth. You have to be a bell-end to ride a bicycle.

As in cycling is:
Painfully slow.
Involves great physical effort.
You get soaked/frozen/roasted/blown over by the weather.
Makes you sweaty & smelly.
Cause piles.
Reduces sperm count.
Makes you dress like an extra in a gay rave movie.
Unable to carry passengers or goods.
People laugh at you.
Makes you a sponging freeloader.
Leaves you vulnerable to proper traffic.
Unable to attract member of the opposite sex if you are male. Women just
laugh at you. Everybody laughs at cyclists.
Hated by pedestrians and proper road users.

Old May 7th 18, 09:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 07/05/2018 19:41, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Assuming that the sport director Lars Michaelson was the driver then,
yes, he is a cyclist from Johnny foreigner land, so probably unused to
the correct side of the road to drive upon, possibly also RHD car when
he has driven LHD, either way no cycles actually involved in the
incident, so why Simon mentions it is a puzzle, maybe the voices in his
head have returned.
Old May 7th 18, 10:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Monday, May 7, 2018 at 7:43:04 PM UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
wrote:
Astana are "deeply sorry" after a support car almost hit a volunteer
and crashed through a traffic island during the Tour de Yorkshire.

Race marshal Philip Sullivan said he was "shaken but unhurt" after
Sunday's incident on the final stage in Leeds. Astana have spoken to
Mr Sullivan and "will have some gifts for him".

"The sport director that was driving the car contacted the race
organiser directly after the race to send our apologies," a statement
read.

++++"We're sorry and want this to never happen again." EMPHASIS MINE

..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/44028217

Most likely the driver was also a cyclist and all know about the gross
stupidity of cyclists.
Just face the truth. You have to be a bell-end to ride a bicycle.

Michael Schumacher was a cyclist and a driver, I believe.
He also wore a titty hat.

Old May 8th 18, 10:29 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On 08/05/18 06:41, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
You have to be a bell-end to ride a bicycle.

Thanks greatly for the excellent compliment of labelling me a bell-end.
Especially as it is YOU who said it.
Now please give me the further exceelent accolade from YOU of being a
thick-headed trog.

It really is a very great compliment to be called sweaty and smelly by YOU.
Especially by YOU.
And I have no ****ing interest in looking good in YOUR eyes.
After all I ride a bicycle.
And we all know what YOU think of bicyclists. You think they are the
****witted pits of humanity.
And because it is YOU who think that, that is an extremely great
compliment.
We must be doing something right.