Mountain Bike Computer?

Old June 9th 04, 09:22 PM
Hunter

Default Mountain Bike Computer?

Anyone got one fitted to their MTB?

and if so which make/model?

I bought a Sigma BC-1200 RDS today but cannot fit it properly to my
bike as the area I need to connect the sensor to is obstructed by the
v-brake mounting points.

Seems to me this computer is designed for road bikes only.

Nige.

Old June 10th 04, 10:41 AM
René Ph L'Orsa

On 9 Jun 2004 19:25:01 GMT, Hunter wrote:

Anyone got one fitted to their MTB?

and if so which make/model?

I bought a Sigma BC-1200 RDS today but cannot fit it properly to my
bike as the area I need to connect the sensor to is obstructed by the
v-brake mounting points.

Seems to me this computer is designed for road bikes only.

Nige.

I have the same computer fitted on a Skareb fork with disc brakes. The
only problem I had was the distance between the sensor and the computer.
Sigma sayes max 70 cm, mine is about 50 cm and I have no problem at all.

rpl

Old June 16th 04, 01:16 PM
Hjalmar Duklęt

"Hunter" wrote in message
Anyone got one fitted to their MTB?

and if so which make/model?

I bought a Sigma BC-1200 RDS today but cannot fit it properly to my
bike as the area I need to connect the sensor to is obstructed by the
v-brake mounting points.

Seems to me this computer is designed for road bikes only.

I've been using one about a year fitted on a RockShox Judy C. No problems at
all fitting it to the fork.
Hjalmar

Old June 24th 04, 02:29 PM
Pete Franklin

"Hunter" wrote in message
Anyone got one fitted to their MTB?

and if so which make/model?

I bought a Sigma BC-1200 RDS today but cannot fit it properly to my
bike as the area I need to connect the sensor to is obstructed by the
v-brake mounting points.

Seems to me this computer is designed for road bikes only.

Nige.

I fitted one of these last night to my Mount Vision (Manitou SX Ti forks
with Avid Ti Vs). Having found the instructions slightly less than clear, I
think you may be being led astray by the picture that shows the magnet being
fitted right out by the rim. If you put it here, there is no way you will
get the 5mm gap to the pickup, and as you point out, it will also require
you to fit the pickup on top of your v-brakes. Just move it down the fork
leg a bit and you'll be fine - the range is rather better than a Cateye
Cordless so it shouldn't be a problem.

My only complaint is that the wireless version makes it impossible to stem
mount the computer, so the bars get a bit crowded with a pair of lumicycles
on there as well. It seems better designed and built than my previous 4
wireless computers (I'm getting through these things at quite a rate at the
moment), but time will tell.

Pete