Bar Ends on Risers

Old September 27th 03, 06:20 PM
Tony Scilipoti

Default Bar Ends on Risers

This newbie is wondering why bar ends on (low-) riser bars are
considered such a no-no. Is it something about the rise? (In which
case, why should 3/4 of an inch make a difference?) Or is it about
something else, like the length or the sweep? (In which case, it's not
really about riser bars at all, right?)

I've been riding for several months with ends on my shallow-sweep
risers and am perfectly happy with the setup, but I'm wondering if I'm
going to wake up some morning with corn stalks growing out of my ears
or something.

Thanks in advance.
- Tony

Old September 27th 03, 10:01 PM
Sorni

"Tony Scilipoti" wrote in message
om...
This newbie is wondering why bar ends on (low-) riser bars are
considered such a no-no. Is it something about the rise? (In which
case, why should 3/4 of an inch make a difference?) Or is it about
something else, like the length or the sweep? (In which case, it's not
really about riser bars at all, right?)

I've been riding for several months with ends on my shallow-sweep
risers and am perfectly happy with the setup, but I'm wondering if I'm
going to wake up some morning with corn stalks growing out of my ears
or something.

The "trend police" don't like 'em.

I say if you find them useful, why remove 'em? I even kinda like how they
look

Bill "hook 'em, horns (or something like that)" S.

Old October 7th 03, 12:35 AM
TJ Poseno

I rant hem, but found for me, they werent usefull with the risers, and
made me too upright.