Which shock pump to buy?

Old October 8th 03, 05:33 AM
Rudy Marcelletti, K8SWD

Default Which shock pump to buy?

Hello Floyd--you ride bike too? Still using the SGC coupler? I have a
Topeak pump with some sort of valve thing on the end that allows you to
remove the pump and not lose hardly any air pressure. You turn the gizmo
onto the shrader valve, then pump to what ever you want on the gauge, then
simply turn the gizmo a few times. Pressure stays in the pump but nothing
is let out of the valve. Then you press a button to release what is left in
the pump. Sometimes I mess up and need to do it a few times, but I use the
pump regularly enough to worry about it--usually set the shock and forget it
for a month or so, then tweak the pressure a bit.

--
Rudy Marcelletti, K8SWD
"Floyd Sense" wrote in message
hlink.net...
Of the current crop of shock pumps, which ones do you like? I'm
particularly concerned with not losing much air from the shock when
disconnecting the pump. I understand that some are much better than

others
in this regard.

FS in Angier, NC

Old October 8th 03, 05:37 PM
Michael Dart

I have a Buzzy's Pollinator pump that is reasonably priced with good quality
fittings. Though my favorite is the one that came with my Progressive 5th
element it has a hose that folds back along the pump body and is very
compact to take along in a Camelbak for tuning sessions. The one trick is
when connecting the pump once pressure is registered on the gauge only give
it another 1/4 turn or so. By overtightening you will compress the o-ring
seal and damage it, this will allow air to escape before the Schrader valve
closes. Also if you have a front shock adapter like Marzocchi's don't leave
it in the pump it will also compress and damage the o-ring seal.

Mike