2003 Rock Shox Rear SID

Old October 23rd 03, 02:20 AM
AlexMedic

Default 2003 Rock Shox Rear SID

I just bought a 2003 Giant NRS 3, which has a Rear Rock Shox SID.
After cleaning it after it's first ride, I noticed a O-Ring at the
bottom of the shock. Is this oring just sit outside of the shock, or
is something broken?? I tried to access Rock Shox web page, but it
really has no info for the 2003 models (Web Page is down). Any
answers would be appreciated

Old October 23rd 03, 04:29 AM
Sorni

"AlexMedic" wrote in message
om...
I just bought a 2003 Giant NRS 3, which has a Rear Rock Shox SID.
After cleaning it after it's first ride, I noticed a O-Ring at the
bottom of the shock. Is this oring just sit outside of the shock, or
is something broken?? I tried to access Rock Shox web page, but it
really has no info for the 2003 models (Web Page is down). Any
answers would be appreciated

Relax. It's just a way of seeing how much sag/travel you're getting from
the shock. (I believe the NRS is a "no sag" design, whereas my 4-bar Titus
calls for ~3/16".)

Sounds like you're getting full travel (not bottoming out?), but have the
shop help you if you have questions/doubts.

Bill "accustomed to broken parts but those O-rings ain't among 'em" S.

Old October 23rd 03, 04:40 PM
AlexMedic

Thanks, come to think of it I had rode the bike befire filling the
shock pressure to my weight, that's when I would have bottomed it out.

om...