Kona Dawg, or Trek Liquid?

Old February 7th 04, 02:31 PM
Jimmy Boffo

Default Kona Dawg, or Trek Liquid?

I am in the market for a new mountain bike. I have narrowed down my choices
to either the Kona Dawg deelux, or the Trek Fluid 25.

http://www.konaworld.com/2k4bikes/2k4_dawg_dlx.cfm
http://www.trekbikes.com/bikes/2004/...n/liquid25.jsp

I am 6'2 and weight 200lbs, so I want an all mountian frame rather than a
lighterweight XC. I will not be racing. I will not be taking the bike of
huge drops. I will be riding corss country trails as well as pavement.

On the sirface these bikes appear similar, similar suspension systems,
travel and so on, however I am wondering what set the two apart. Appearances
can be deceiving.

Any advice appretiated, though I would prefer if personal feelings could be
kept to a minimum and the focus be on actual techincal differecnes, and why
those techincal differences should or should not make a difference to me. I
would also be extremely happy if no one tells me to forget both of these
bikes and get a hardtail....

Second question, if this info from Specialized valid, or is it marketing BS?
http://www.specialized.com/sbc4BarLi...e=otherlinkage

Old February 8th 04, 08:40 PM
Per Elmsäter

Jimmy Boffo wrote:

Any advice appretiated, though I would prefer if personal feelings
could be kept to a minimum and the focus be on actual techincal
differecnes, and why those techincal differences should or should not
make a difference to me. I would also be extremely happy if no one
tells me to forget both of these bikes and get a hardtail....

Well you've ruled me out. I'm sorry, I can't reply.
--
Perre