Replacement Magnets for wheel and pedal sensors

Old January 25th 07, 03:49 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Blue Heeler

Default Replacement Magnets for wheel and pedal sensors

Some time ago I lost the wheel magnet on my MTB, I didn't worry too
much because at my present stage of fitness I'm trying to simply
maintain (and slowly increase) cadence.

Anyway, today I've managed to knock the magnet off the pedal and now i
have nothing.

The computer itself is a very old Cateye unit 77 - not that that is
particularly relevant to anything at all.

Anyway, what I need to know is does anyone know where I can simply buy
replacement magnets to put on my wheel spoke and on the pedal crank?

Old January 25th 07, 04:14 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Boostland

--

I got some magnets at my LBS for the spokes, not sure about the crank ones
as I don't have one of the cadence fangled devices.

Old January 25th 07, 04:21 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Bleve

On Jan 25, 2:49 pm, "Blue Heeler" wrote:
Some time ago I lost the wheel magnet on my MTB, I didn't worry too
much because at my present stage of fitness I'm trying to simply
maintain (and slowly increase) cadence.

Anyway, today I've managed to knock the magnet off the pedal and now i
have nothing.

The computer itself is a very old Cateye unit 77 - not that that is
particularly relevant to anything at all.

Anyway, what I need to know is does anyone know where I can simply buy
replacement magnets to put on my wheel spoke and on the pedal crank?

Your LBS will probably have them, they're just magnets anyway, you can
buy magnets from many places if you want to make your own, but it may
be easier to get them from your LBS.

Old January 25th 07, 04:48 AM posted to aus.bicycle
DaveB

Blue Heeler wrote:
Some time ago I lost the wheel magnet on my MTB, I didn't worry too
much because at my present stage of fitness I'm trying to simply
maintain (and slowly increase) cadence.

Anyway, today I've managed to knock the magnet off the pedal and now i
have nothing.

The computer itself is a very old Cateye unit 77 - not that that is
particularly relevant to anything at all.

Anyway, what I need to know is does anyone know where I can simply buy
replacement magnets to put on my wheel spoke and on the pedal crank?

I'm using a fridge magnet and some silicon to hold it in place on my
cranks for cadence metre.

DaveB
Old January 25th 07, 04:59 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Friday

DaveB wrote:
Blue Heeler wrote:
Some time ago I lost the wheel magnet on my MTB, I didn't worry too
much because at my present stage of fitness I'm trying to simply
maintain (and slowly increase) cadence.

Anyway, today I've managed to knock the magnet off the pedal and now i
have nothing.

The computer itself is a very old Cateye unit 77 - not that that is
particularly relevant to anything at all.

Anyway, what I need to know is does anyone know where I can simply buy
replacement magnets to put on my wheel spoke and on the pedal crank?

I'm using a fridge magnet and some silicon to hold it in place on my
cranks for cadence metre.

DaveB

I used araldite to glue a magnet to a spinergy spoke and it works well.
Much neater.

Friday
Old January 25th 07, 05:31 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Blue Heeler

OK, I get the message guys.....

I just thought that someone might be making a buck out of replacement
magnets in nice little plastic carriers just waiting to be cable-tied
on.

I've just pinched the wife's favorite fridge magnets and about to
perform surgery to remove the magnets.

The pot of super-glue is waiting....

Old January 25th 07, 12:05 PM posted to aus.bicycle
mikeg

Blue Heeler Wrote:
Some time ago I lost the wheel magnet on my MTB, I didn't worry too
much because at my present stage of fitness I'm trying to simply
maintain (and slowly increase) cadence.

Anyway, today I've managed to knock the magnet off the pedal and now i
have nothing.

The computer itself is a very old Cateye unit 77 - not that that is
particularly relevant to anything at all.

Anyway, what I need to know is does anyone know where I can simply buy
replacement magnets to put on my wheel spoke and on the pedal crank?

--

Phantom Cycles has some of the parts for Cateye cycle computers

http://www.phantomcycles.com.au/home.php?cat=150

for details about part numbers see
'Cateye Small Parts / Computers'
(http://www.cateye.com/store/categories.php?cid=1)