Q: Campy Eurus Wheel Magnets

Old September 27th 08, 02:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Arthur Shapiro

Default Q: Campy Eurus Wheel Magnets

I just received a set of Campy Eurus wheels. I'd already been using s Eurus
rear as my main rear; this will give me a permanent front and a climbing rear.

I'm having some trouble with the wheel magnet with the bike up on the rack.
It appears to be extremely weak, and only if the sensor (Cateye AT100) is the
tiniest fraction of an inch from the magnet casing can I get the computer to
register. I'm concerned that this distance is so minimal that the slightest
bit of flex when I actually ride tomorrow will cause the sensor to hit the
magnet - tick, tick, tick.

Am I overlooking something obvious? Is there a better solution for me?

Art
Old September 28th 08, 04:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jim beam

Arthur Shapiro wrote:
I just received a set of Campy Eurus wheels. I'd already been using s Eurus
rear as my main rear; this will give me a permanent front and a climbing rear.

I'm having some trouble with the wheel magnet with the bike up on the rack.
It appears to be extremely weak, and only if the sensor (Cateye AT100) is the
tiniest fraction of an inch from the magnet casing can I get the computer to
register. I'm concerned that this distance is so minimal that the slightest
bit of flex when I actually ride tomorrow will cause the sensor to hit the
magnet - tick, tick, tick.

Am I overlooking something obvious? Is there a better solution for me?

Art

you need a close clearance for reliable signal. if you can, place the
magnet [and sensor!] nearer the hub than the rim - less flex there.