Ginger Limit for Fighting Prostate Cancer

Old November 13th 11, 07:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bret Cahill[_3_]

Default Ginger Limit for Fighting Prostate Cancer

I recently told a medical student that I was afraid I was going to die
of prostate cancer. He busted out laughing, "Everyone dies of
prostate cancer if he lives long enough."

This was not the desired response.

Since then a study appeared showing the juice from ginger root would
significantly reduce prostate cancer. At $1.49/lb ginger root is
cheaper than a lot of produce that might not be quite as effective
against prostate cancer. If it tasted ok I was willing to swap out
mushrooms for equal or greater masses of ginger root.

I started to wonder what is the maximum amount of ginger that can be
added. To save time instead of a linear increase in ginger I opted for
geometric..

Going from one tablespoon/serving to 2 in stir fry improves the
taste. No downside there. Taste falls off sharply above 4
tablespoons but the aroma will bring neighbors over hoping for some of
the food.

This requires more study, at least with the missing 3 tbs. data
point. A lot of chefs are expert at this and probably already saute a
few pounds of ginger and garlic / day near the exhaust fan to attract
customers.

Bret Cahill

Old November 14th 11, 01:34 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_33_]

On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 10:26:45 -0800 (PST), Bret Cahill
wrote:

I recently told a medical student that I was afraid I was going to die
of prostate cancer. He busted out laughing, "Everyone dies of
prostate cancer if he lives long enough."

True dat, or so I was told by Ara Darzi. And he would appear to be
quite well informed on the subject.

Guy
--
Guy Chapman, http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
The usenet price promise: all opinions are guaranteed
Old November 14th 11, 05:42 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Nov 13, 6:26*pm, Bret Cahill wrote:
[...]

Cheers, I will have to add ginger to sea salt in the list of magic
ingredients that do far more than people reckon.
I have some shredded ginger in a jar in the fridge which I add to my
evening sauna cooked meat.
--
Simon Mason
Old November 14th 11, 10:20 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Man at B&Q

On Nov 13, 6:26*pm, Bret Cahill wrote:
I recently told a medical student that I was afraid I was going to die
of prostate cancer. *He busted out laughing, "Everyone dies of
prostate cancer if he lives long enough."

Far more die *with* prostate cancer rather than *of* prostate cancer.

Since then a study appeared showing the juice from ginger root would
significantly reduce prostate cancer.

Was this a properly controlled and peer reviewed study or an article
in Quack's monthly?

MBQ

Old November 14th 11, 02:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

wrote:

I recently told a medical student that I was afraid I was going to die
of prostate cancer. He busted out laughing, "Everyone dies of
prostate cancer if he lives long enough."

True dat, or so I was told by Ara Darzi. And he would appear to be
quite well informed on the subject.

Hello Porker.

Is he on your page of "famous people I have met" or just on the page of "famous
people I would like to meet"

--

Total number of posts to URC from
IP Address:80.254.146.36 over 6 years = 7

Guy Chapman : 5
Lou Knee: 2

Coincidence?
(Guy Chapman Dell Magnet)
Old November 14th 11, 02:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 01:20:52 -0800 (PST), "Man at B&Q"
wrote:

[...]

If the ****wit wants to put ginger on his roast beef, Yorkshire pudding and
three veg that he has cooked on the home made sauna - then let him.

Old November 14th 11, 05:10 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Nov 14, 9:20*am, "Man at B&Q" wrote:
On Nov 13, 6:26*pm, Bret Cahill wrote:

I recently told a medical student that I was afraid I was going to die
of prostate cancer. *He busted out laughing, "Everyone dies of
prostate cancer if he lives long enough."

Far more die *with* prostate cancer rather than *of* prostate cancer.

Since then a study appeared showing the juice from ginger root would
significantly reduce prostate cancer.

Was this a properly controlled and peer reviewed study or an article
in Quack's monthly?

MBQ

Peer reviewed?
That is JMS speak for I don't want to hear the truth.
Ginger on my fillet steak tonight it is then :-0

--
Simon Mason
Old November 14th 11, 05:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
thirty-six

[...]

D&G Jamaican Ginger Beer (non-alcoholic). It's been a long time
since I had a good alcoholic ginger beer. Crabbies seems easily
available but sweet, only get the small bottles unless you are
splitting a pint bottle.
Old November 14th 11, 05:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Weaseltemper[_2_]

On 14/11/2011 16:10, Simon Mason wrote:
On Nov 14, 9:20 am, "Man at wrote:
On Nov 13, 6:26 pm, Bret wrote:

I recently told a medical student that I was afraid I was going to die
of prostate cancer. He busted out laughing, "Everyone dies of
prostate cancer if he lives long enough."

Far more die *with* prostate cancer rather than *of* prostate cancer.

Since then a study appeared showing the juice from ginger root would
significantly reduce prostate cancer.

Was this a properly controlled and peer reviewed study or an article
in Quack's monthly?

MBQ

Peer reviewed?
That is JMS speak for I don't want to hear the truth.
Ginger on my fillet steak tonight it is then :-0

It’s Judith speak for "I refuse to believe it".

--
Simon
For personal replies, please use my reply-to address.