slow progress

Old July 27th 03, 11:52 PM
Garry Broad

Default slow progress

On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 23:47:46 +0100, doobrie wrote:

managed my first 10 mile ride today which isnt a great distance but is
first time ive done it since being back on a bike ... 49 mins making
approx 12 miles an hour average

probably had another couple miles left in the tank but increasing slow n
steady so stuck to the plan ... will do another couple of slightly
smaller rides in the week and going for 12-15 miles next weekend
depending how im feeling

that's great.

in your own time, in your own way.

gb
Old July 28th 03, 05:00 AM
John Hearns

On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 23:47:46 +0100, doobrie wrote:

managed my first 10 mile ride today which isnt a great distance but is
first time ive done it since being back on a bike ... 49 mins making
approx 12 miles an hour average

Hey, good for you. Too keep it up, make things comfortable. Don't knacker
yourself out - make it a pleasure, not a chore and your fitness will
build.

Look out for local clubs or groups, and tag along on easier rides.
That'll provide some motivation, and maybe some hints n tips.

No need to go overboard with the spending, but good clothing does
make a difference. Cycling mitts with padded palms are cheap, and
are very comfy. Have a look at leisure-style cycling shorts in your
local shop - these are cut to look like baggy beach shorts. Or consider
a padded shorts insert.
Old July 28th 03, 07:47 AM
Doesnotcompute

doobrie wrote:
managed my first 10 mile ride today which isnt a great distance but is
first time ive done it since being back on a bike ... 49 mins making
approx 12 miles an hour average

YES! Well done matey
12mph was about my average over the Manc to Black run - not great but it
got me there in the end. Next year I hope to do it much quicker.

and iirc, it's weigh in this morning? - hope that goes okay too!

probably had another couple miles left in the tank but increasing slow n
steady so stuck to the plan ... will do another couple of slightly
smaller rides in the week and going for 12-15 miles next weekend
depending how im feeling

Sounds like a plan but try for the 15, I don't think 2 miles will make
all that much more difference. Unless they're up hill of course

--
Dnc

Old July 28th 03, 11:25 PM
Velvet

doobrie wrote:

even the flats are hills .. im sure the world is round or something coz
ive never ridden a completely flat road yet - but thats just a stupid
idea, eh ... we all know the earth is flat!!

Heh! I know what you mean about even the flats feeling like hills -
there's others here that are convinced what I call hills are no such
thing ;-) Thing is though, I *have* found a few roads that *are* dead
flat, so my perceptions aren't distorted like them others here that
think hills are flat and mountains are hills ;-)

Velvet