When can you enter a box junction if your exit does not appear to be free?

Old March 13th 12, 04:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Simon Mason

Default When can you enter a box junction if your exit does not appear to be free?

Answer - when you are a cyclist.

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/box.wmv

--
Simon Mason
Old March 13th 12, 04:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
jnugent

On 13/03/2012 16:07, Simon Mason wrote:

Answer - when you are a cyclist.

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/box.wmv

Have you ever stopped to think [that might be its own answer] about how
aggressive your behaviour appears to fellow road-users?

We can guess the answer.
Old March 13th 12, 04:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Judith[_4_]

On Tue, 13 Mar 2012 16:11:37 +0000, JNugent wrote:

On 13/03/2012 16:07, Simon Mason wrote:

Answer - when you are a cyclist.

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/box.wmv

Have you ever stopped to think [that might be its own answer] about how
aggressive your behaviour appears to fellow road-users?

We can guess the answer.

I think that his behaviour is yet more confirmation of his (justified)
inferiority complex.

He obviously goes out of his way in order to try and appear to be more
important than he really is.

I am amazed that he cannot see how appalling his own actions are on the videos
which he produces.

Old March 13th 12, 05:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Nick Finnigan

On 13/03/2012 16:07, Simon Mason wrote:
Answer - when you are a cyclist.

OR a driver, or a pedestrian

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/box.wmv

That's not a box junction.
Old March 13th 12, 06:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 13/03/2012 16:07, Simon Mason wrote:
Answer - when you are a cyclist.

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/box.wmv

Answer - when you are an arrogant, self important little ****.

University
Old March 13th 12, 09:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Chris Bartram

On 13/03/12 16:11, JNugent wrote:
On 13/03/2012 16:07, Simon Mason wrote:

Answer - when you are a cyclist.

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/box.wmv

Have you ever stopped to think [that might be its own answer] about how
aggressive your behaviour appears to fellow road-users?

We can guess the answer.

Coupled with the mini-roundabout incident, I think we can see why Simon
seems to encounter so many problems on the road.
Old March 14th 12, 08:13 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Mar 13, 9:01*pm, Chris Bartram
wrote:

Answer - when you are a cyclist.

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/box.wmv

Coupled with the mini-roundabout incident, I think we can see why Simon
seems to encounter so many problems on the road.

Because there are so many law breaking and careless drivers around?

That's true enough bt luckily I can spot them a mile off like I did
here.

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/blindbat.wmv

--
Simon Mason
Old March 14th 12, 09:23 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Tue, 13 Mar 2012 18:51:17 +0000, Dave - Cyclists VOR wrote:

arrogant, self important little ****.

The hagfish is famous for its ability to exude slime and has mucous pores
arranged in two ventrolateral lines.

--
Life is a veneral disease with 100% mortality.
Old March 14th 12, 09:26 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Mr Benn[_4_]

"Chris Bartram" wrote in message
On 13/03/12 16:11, JNugent wrote:
On 13/03/2012 16:07, Simon Mason wrote:

Answer - when you are a cyclist.

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/box.wmv

Have you ever stopped to think [that might be its own answer] about how
aggressive your behaviour appears to fellow road-users?

We can guess the answer.

Coupled with the mini-roundabout incident, I think we can see why Simon
seems to encounter so many problems on the road.

If you go out looking for trouble, you'll inevitably find it. Mason does.

Old March 14th 12, 10:10 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving
Chris Bartram

On 14/03/2012 08:13, Simon Mason wrote:
On Mar 13, 9:01 pm, Chris
wrote:

Answer - when you are a cyclist.

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/box.wmv

Coupled with the mini-roundabout incident, I think we can see why Simon
seems to encounter so many problems on the road.

Because there are so many law breaking and careless drivers around?

That's true enough bt luckily I can spot them a mile off like I did
here.

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/blindbat.wmv

--
Simon Mason

No, because you place yourself at risk, and let yourself get annoyed and
aggressive. I'm not going to argue with your point above about
law-breaking and careless drivers: that is undeniably true, but it is
better to drive or ride defensively, predict problems, and avoid them by
taking yourself out of the situation, regardless of if you are driving a
vehicle or riding a cycle. It seems like you're actually *looking* for
trouble, rather than trying to avoid it. If I video recorded everyone I
saw driving, cycling, or walking stupidly, I'd have a large library by
now, but frankly, life's too short.

For instance: I'd consider your move in the box junction video
overtaking the Corsa (i think) in the narrow section inadvisable. Most
cyclists would consider a car overtaking them with that little room a
close, aggressive pass and be complaining about it. The road is a shared
space and we all need to treat it so.

Similarly, while the mini-island move was certainly not *good* driving,
you weren't actually placed in danger: the car driver was just being a
little sloppy. You need to chill a bit and go with the flow: you'll
still get plenty of chances to cut through the traffic, while being a
lot calmer and safer.