TdF Question

Old July 9th 03, 05:26 PM

Default TdF Question

I know others have won 5 TdF's but has anyone else done them
consecutively?

Great day for the U.S.P.S team today.
Old July 9th 03, 06:23 PM
Arous

Yes, Miguel Indurain riding for Ibanesto 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994 & 1995

Cordially,
Arous

Old July 9th 03, 06:23 PM
WBtobal

In article ,
writes:

I know others have won 5 TdF's but has anyone else done them
consecutively?

Great day for the U.S.P.S team today.

Yes..."Big Mig" (Miguel Indurain) rode for Banesto...won 5 in a row
from 1991 to 1995 (I believe the yers are correct).

Yes again...a truely super day for the Posties!

Regards,
Bill

Old July 10th 03, 04:08 AM
Zippy the Pinhead

Just got a good look at the USPS jerseys during the TTT today.

What the hell's a "Berry Floor"?

Is there some kind of law that says you can't ride competitively
unless you have signs on you that mean absolutely nothing?
Old July 10th 03, 06:57 AM
Ryan Cousineau

In article m,
Zippy the Pinhead wrote:

Just got a good look at the USPS jerseys during the TTT today.

What the hell's a "Berry Floor"?

Is there some kind of law that says you can't ride competitively
unless you have signs on you that mean absolutely nothing?

I was going to write a snotty post about how Berry Floor was just a
laminated floor tile company named Berry, and how a name like Fassa
Bartolo or iBanesto.com was much sillier, but you were trolling, and
besides, I was going to point you to berryfloor.com, but their site is
flooded due to a traffic overload.

It appears that someone forgot to tell them that if you become title
sponsor for the defending champion of the Tour de France, then during
the Tour de France, your web traffic might go up a bit. In other words,
at the time when they are best poised to exploit the massive amount of
publicity they paid dearly for, their website is completely hooped.

--
Ryan Cousineau, http://www.sfu.ca/~rcousine
President, Fabrizio Mazzoleni Fan Club
Old July 10th 03, 06:07 PM
Zippy the Pinhead

On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 22:57:25 -0700, Ryan Cousineau
wrote:

I was going to write a snotty post about how Berry Floor was just a
laminated floor tile company named Berry, and how a name like Fassa
Bartolo or iBanesto.com was much sillier, but you were trolling,

No, I asked what I thought was an honest question.

I hadn't thought about a guy named Berry starting a floor company.

One of my favorite jersey from years past said "GIS. TUC. LU." in
big letters. I remember thinking that that said it all, though I was
never sure what.

In the 60s, the first Euro-Pro wannabee I ever saw came to work
dressed in his faux Fabbery. The most prominent logo on his jersey
said, "Ideor".

Somebody asked him if that was the comparative or the superlative form
of "Idiot".
Old July 10th 03, 09:50 PM
Karen M.

Zippy wrote:
Is there some kind of law that says you can't ride competitively
unless you have signs on you that mean absolutely nothing?

Speaking of TdF clothing...
...do they have someone waiting at the finish line with a heat
press, team logos, and yellow jerseys in a range of sizes? Do they put
the winner's logo on the jersey du jour every day, or just for the
finish? Do they provide a new jersey every day (assuming A Certain
Party keeps winning it)? The "4titude" poster on my wall (mooched from
a branch of the federal government) shows a pristinely clean jersey
and USPS logo. Clearly it didn't get sweat, bugs, and champagne
spilled on it.
Here in metro Detroit, most sports fans have clothing that looks
just like their favorite players' uniform tops; a lot of Red Wings
jerseys are roaming the shopping malls. Last night I was (gasp!)
driving, and followed a non-vehicular Defective Cyclist (R) (TM) down
the street, in his Full Postal kit. (He was giving that team a bad
name.) The other night while riding in my new T-shirt (I searched
several different *.Marts for a bright, Lance-lemon one) I got to
thinking what the world would look like if cycling fans adopted this
trend. Fortunately, most of us look OK in tight stretchy lycra.
Time for my favorite quote...

--Karen M.
"Daddy, why is that man wearing your shirt?" --Luke A. a couple years
ago