Vitus 979: Removing Cranks and Bottom Bracket?

Old November 6th 16, 10:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Vitus 979: Removing Cranks and Bottom Bracket?

On Sunday, November 6, 2016 at 7:23:30 AM UTC-8, wrote:

Thank you for explaining, Sir Ridesalot. Now I think I have a handle on what Andrew (AMuzi) was saying.

If you do, you'll be the first.........
Old June 30th 18, 09:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Update:
I found a new LBS I really like and left them with instructions to replace the bottom bracket as needed. They took it apart and found it in good condition. They cleaned the ball bearings et cetera, added a bit of grease, and adjusted. The clicking I was having when riding under load up hill went away as a result. Cost was only $21 for labor and basic cleaning materials.