Three Greatest Inventions (2/3 On Topic, 1/3 Off Topic)

Old December 6th 06, 04:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman

Default Three Greatest Inventions (2/3 On Topic, 1/3 Off Topic)

In chronological order, here are my nominations for the three greatest
inventions:

1. Beer.
2. The Bicycle.
3. Usenet cycling groups.

--
Tom Sherman - Post Free or Die!

Old December 6th 06, 05:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Werehatrack

On 5 Dec 2006 19:10:53 -0800, "Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman"
wrote:

In chronological order, here are my nominations for the three greatest
inventions:

1. Beer.
2. The Bicycle.
3. Usenet cycling groups.

Mine:

1. The lever.
2. The zipper.
3. The "delete" key.
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.
Old December 6th 06, 02:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
dgk

wrote:

In chronological order, here are my nominations for the three greatest
inventions:

1. Beer.
2. The Bicycle.
3. Usenet cycling groups.

I need to find a place for the ATM. Did you know that the ATM actually
was first mentioned in the Wizard of Oz? ATM, ATM.

Think Auntie Em, Antie Em.
Old December 6th 06, 02:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Ken C. M.

Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman wrote:
In chronological order, here are my nominations for the three greatest
inventions:

1. Beer.
2. The Bicycle.
3. Usenet cycling groups.

1 (good)beer
2 the microchip
3 human powered vehicles

Ken
--
The bicycle is just as good company as most husbands and, when it gets
old and shabby, a woman can dispose of it and get a new one without
Old December 6th 06, 03:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Paul Hobson

wrote:

In chronological order, here are my nominations for the three greatest
inventions:

1. Beer.
2. The Bicycle.
3. Usenet cycling groups.

Mine:

1. The lever.
2. The zipper.
3. The "delete" key.

how 'bout ctrl+z? I think that's really bailed me out a few times.
\\paul
Old December 6th 06, 06:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Bill Sornson

Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman wrote:
In chronological order, here are my nominations for the three greatest
inventions:

1. Beer.
2. The Bicycle.
3. Usenet cycling groups.

1. Popcorn
2. Remote Control
3. Push-up Bra

Bill "oh, and kill-files" S.

Old December 6th 06, 10:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Ozark Bicycle

Bill Sornson wrote:
Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman wrote:
In chronological order, here are my nominations for the three greatest
inventions:

1. Beer.
2. The Bicycle.
3. Usenet cycling groups.

1. Popcorn
2. Remote Control
3. Push-up Bra

A remote control push-up bra! The *real* Wonderbra.

Bill "oh, and kill-files" S.

Old December 6th 06, 10:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Kristian M Zoerhoff

In article . com, sunsetss0003
@yahoo.com says...
In chronological order, here are my nominations for the three greatest
inventions:

1. Beer.
2. The Bicycle.
3. Usenet cycling groups.

I vote to change #3 to:

3. Fenders

Five freaking days since the snow hit, and there's still slush and ice on the
roads around here [1]. Grr.

[1] http://tinyurl.com/yha2tt

--

__o Kristian Zoerhoff
_'\(,_
Old December 7th 06, 01:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Leo Lichtman

"Ozark Bicycle" wrote: A remote control push-up bra! The *real* Wonderbra.
That's kind of like going on a hayride on the subway. The old way is
best--*hand operated* push -up bras.

Frank exchange of words with black cabbie New Topic Reply to Topic spindrift UK 50 August 7th 06 06:25 AM
Sort of on topic/off topic: Rising toll of kids hurt on roads wafflycat UK 4 March 24th 06 06:28 PM
This is off topic some ... but on topic also... make up your mind Thomas Wentworth General 7 November 8th 05 10:46 PM
Off Topic, ... Odd Job John UK 1 April 20th 05 08:56 AM
OFF TOPIC news - keypoint Mountain Biking 5 November 20th 04 09:42 PM