Random Highway Code Testing

Old July 14th 18, 02:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

Default Random Highway Code Testing

Should the traffic police have the power to stop a motorists and require them to take a highway code test. If they fail to answer 4 out of 5 question they have 6 months to take/retake the theory test or they revert to provisional.

One question could be:

If you see a white circular sign with a red border and the number 30 in the middle, what is the maximum speed you can drive at:-

A 30mph
B: 35mph
C: 30mph+10%+2mph
D: I pay road tax
E: It was the cyclists fault
F: I am an above average driver so I drive according to the conditions.

Old July 14th 18, 02:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Saturday, July 14, 2018 at 2:19:01 PM UTC+1, Simon Jester wrote:
Should the traffic police have the power to stop a motorists and require them to take a highway code test. If they fail to answer 4 out of 5 question they have 6 months to take/retake the theory test or they revert to provisional.

One question could be:

If you see a white circular sign with a red border and the number 30 in the middle, what is the maximum speed you can drive at:-

A 30mph
B: 35mph
C: 30mph+10%+2mph
D: I pay road tax
E: It was the cyclists fault
F: I am an above average driver so I drive according to the conditions.

Question 2:

How long after a traffic light turns red can you still proceed through the junction:-

A: You must stop
B: 2 seconds
C: 10 seconds
D: I pay road tax
E: It was the cyclist fault
F: I am an above average driver so I drive according to the conditions.
Old July 14th 18, 02:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Saturday, July 14, 2018 at 2:24:12 PM UTC+1, Simon Jester wrote:
On Saturday, July 14, 2018 at 2:19:01 PM UTC+1, Simon Jester wrote:
Should the traffic police have the power to stop a motorists and require them to take a highway code test. If they fail to answer 4 out of 5 question they have 6 months to take/retake the theory test or they revert to provisional.

One question could be:

If you see a white circular sign with a red border and the number 30 in the middle, what is the maximum speed you can drive at:-

A 30mph
B: 35mph
C: 30mph+10%+2mph
D: I pay road tax
E: It was the cyclists fault
F: I am an above average driver so I drive according to the conditions.

Question 2:

How long after a traffic light turns red can you still proceed through the junction:-

A: You must stop
B: 2 seconds
C: 10 seconds
D: I pay road tax
E: It was the cyclist fault
F: I am an above average driver so I drive according to the conditions.

Question 3:

Are cyclists required to use cycle facilities where available:-

A: No they are optional.
B: Yes
C: Yes and I can assault cyclists with my vehicle is they don't use them
D: I pay road tax
E: It was the cyclists fault.
F: I am an above average driver and I drive according to the conditions.
Old July 14th 18, 05:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 14/07/18 14:18, Simon Jester wrote:

Should the traffic police have the power to stop a motorists and
require them to take a highway code test. If they fail to answer 4
out of 5 question they have 6 months to take/retake the theory test
or they revert to provisional.

One question could be:

If you see a white circular sign with a red border and the number 30
in the middle, what is the maximum speed you can drive at:-

A 30mph B: 35mph C: 30mph+10%+2mph D: I pay road tax E: It was the
cyclists fault F: I am an above average driver so I drive according
to the conditions.

Version 2.

If there is a pavement and lots of buildings alongside the road and you
*don't* see a white circular sign with a red border with a number in the
middle what is the maximum speed you can drive at?

a) I'm supposed to look at the road so I can't see what's alongside
b) if I go below 30mph my willy will drop off
c) my car can be abandoned anywhere I want
d) anybody not using a car must be hooted at
e) it's soooo unfair

Old July 15th 18, 08:18 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bruce 'Not Glug' Lee

Simon Jester wrote:
On Saturday, July 14, 2018 at 2:19:01 PM UTC+1, Simon Jester wrote:

How long after a traffic light turns red can you still proceed through the junction:-

A: You must stop
B: 2 seconds
C: 10 seconds
D: I pay road tax
E: It was the cyclist fault
F: I am an above average driver so I drive according to the conditions.

On my last visit to your shores, I pondered what a visitor from another
planet would think after a couple of hours of observing British drivers.

1 - speed limits are legal minimums

2 - the use of indicators is illegal

3 - traffic lights are pretty

4 - it is illegal to leave more than 1 metre between your car and the car
in front

5 - cyclists are to blame for all incidents, even when there is no cyclist
within a ten mile radius

--
john smith |MA (Hons)|MPhil (Hons)|CAPES (mention très bien)|LLB (Hons)
'It never gets any easier. You just get faster'
Old July 15th 18, 12:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Sunday, July 15, 2018 at 8:22:04 AM UTC+1, Bruce 'Not Glug' Lee wrote:
Simon Jester wrote:
On Saturday, July 14, 2018 at 2:19:01 PM UTC+1, Simon Jester wrote:

How long after a traffic light turns red can you still proceed through the junction:-

A: You must stop
B: 2 seconds
C: 10 seconds
D: I pay road tax
E: It was the cyclist fault
F: I am an above average driver so I drive according to the conditions.

On my last visit to your shores, I pondered what a visitor from another
planet would think after a couple of hours of observing British drivers.

Any alien species would think cars are the dominant life form and humans are their slaves.
Apart from cats, of course, who have their own plans for world domination.
Old July 15th 18, 01:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bruce 'Not Glug' Lee

Simon Jester wrote:
On Saturday, July 14, 2018 at 2:19:01 PM UTC+1, Simon Jester wrote:

How long after a traffic light turns red can you still proceed through the junction:-

A: You must stop
B: 2 seconds
C: 10 seconds
D: I pay road tax
E: It was the cyclist fault
F: I am an above average driver so I drive according to the conditions.

On my last visit to your shores, I pondered what a visitor from another
planet would think after a couple of hours of observing British drivers.

Any alien species would think cars are the dominant life form and humans are their slaves.
Apart from cats, of course, who have their own plans for world domination.

Our four have achieved their aim, and we are are their mercy.

Highway code? what is that? Piatkow UK 0 July 15th 13 05:38 PM
Sensible highway code changes Bertie Wooster[_2_] UK 29 October 12th 12 04:20 PM
Highway code Coyoteboy UK 13 November 23rd 07 01:11 AM
More Highway Code and the CTC Bob Downie UK 3 May 3rd 07 11:00 AM
Highway Code Changes Just zis Guy, you know? UK 14 May 5th 04 10:44 AM