Universal Sports gets Giro

Old May 7th 09, 09:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill

Default Universal Sports gets Giro

http://www.universalsports.com/ViewA...ATCLID=3734597

Old May 7th 09, 10:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"Bill" wrote in message
http://www.universalsports.com/ViewA...ATCLID=3734597

Yahoo!

Old May 7th 09, 11:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
tyrone1

In article ,
"Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:

"Bill" wrote in message
http://www.universalsports.com/ViewA...PID=13044&DB_O
EM_ID=23000&ATCLID=3734597

Yahoo!

thats great. they always have a great clear picture...
but the restricted picture size is a reeal drawback. i always try to
find a site that allows a full screen even with some loss of
quality. its a trade off.

id be happy to find out im mistaken and universals picture can be
expanded, but i dont think it can be.
Old May 7th 09, 11:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RB[_2_]

"Bill" wrote in :

http://www.universalsports.com/ViewA...8&SPID=13044&D
B_OEM_ID=23000&ATCLID=3734597

.. . and it's free! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Sports
Old May 7th 09, 11:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Victor Kan

On May 7, 6:37*pm, RB wrote:
. . and it's free! *http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Sports

It's not a foregone conclusion that Universal Sports TV will carry
it. From what I've read, part of the issue was streaming/online vs.
TV rights.

Hopefully Universal Sports TV (or Versus or whoever) will carry it in
addition to Universal's streaming. I did a search on "cycling" on my
program guide and Universal Sports shows only:

Mountain Biking World Championships
Tour of Basque Country, Highlights
World Championship Women's Cyclo-Cross
World Championship Men's Cyclo-Cross

A search for "Giro" shows no hits. Hopefully that'll change between
now and Saturday.

Old May 8th 09, 12:18 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Victor Kan

On May 7, 6:57*pm, Victor Kan wrote:
...*Hopefully that'll change between
now and Saturday.

Wow, looks like steephill.tv is reporting that Universal Sports TV
will be showing it at Noon and in primetime (presumably each day).
Woohoo!

Old May 8th 09, 09:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro[_3_]

tyrone1 wrote:
thats great. they always have a great clear picture... but the restricted
picture size is a reeal drawback. i always try to find a site that allows
a full screen even with some loss of quality. its a trade off.

Beggars can't be boozers.

Old May 8th 09, 11:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
[email protected][_2_]

On May 7, 5:22*pm, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
"Bill" wrote in message

http://www.universalsports.com/ViewA...05618&SPID=130...

Yahoo!

no, that sucks.

it's hard enough being motivated to do actual work at work these
days. this just adds to the distraction list.
Old May 8th 09, 11:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Johnny Twelve-Point presented by JFT

"Bill" wrote in message

http://www.universalsports.com/ViewA...05618&SPID=130...

Yahoo!

no, that sucks.

it's hard enough being motivated to do actual work at work these
days. this just adds to the distraction list.

Yeah.

I'm hoping it's only online and not on TV. My wife got us a big screen
TV and it's a total mind/time suck that I have trouble resisting when
cycling is on.

VERDICT: Universal Sports - Live or Delayed coverage? MagillaGorilla[_3_] Racing 19 October 1st 08 08:44 PM
Andrea and Universal Sports John Forrest Tomlinson Racing 7 September 27th 08 01:46 PM
Worlds on Universal Sports RB[_2_] Racing 0 September 26th 08 04:25 PM
Universal Sports RL Racing 0 September 8th 08 06:26 PM
local newspaper sports poll on unethical sports figures luvjava Racing 4 September 17th 07 03:54 AM