DON'T FEED THE TROLL! - Off Topic

Old January 28th 07, 11:29 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Jeff Grippe

Default DON'T FEED THE TROLL! - Off Topic

IMPORTANT:

UNLESS YOU ARE A TROLL. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS POST. THIS IS INFORMATION ONLY.
IT IS NOT THE BEGINNING OF A DISCUSSION.

Well he seems to be back on the warpath again and he is not either confining
himself to an off-topic thread nor is he posting anything that is on topic
(although he will almost certainly say he is).

So for what it is worth, here is Jeff Grippe's method for battling the
Troll. It is a method that I think will work and it is one that hasn't been
tried.

Note to Jim: If you are serious about minimizing the troll's activities then
please cooperate.

Jeff's Troll Fighting Method (some components are not new but the method
must be seen as a whole)
1. Do not respond to any of Ed Dolan new off-topic threads.
2. If you must respond to Ed or about Ed, find an old off-topic thread, like
this one.
3. This is the big one. For each day the the troll posts new off-topic
threads, start a new on-topic thread.

That is the whole method. Step three is really the important one. Lets work
to keep the group on topic and minimize the impact of the troll.

Jeff

Old January 29th 07, 02:45 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
JimmyMac

Note to Jeff:

Well excuse me there Jeff, but don't you think you're being more than
a little unfair here? Whereas I can appreciate your reiterated
condensed version of what Wane had already said in this regard, I can
only do so up until the point where you deviated from his original
guidelines. Both in this thread and also in your new thread ...
Fighting the Troll - My Method - Do Not Reply - OFF TOPIC, you
specifically singled me out. You wrote ... Note to Jim: If you are
serious about minimizing the troll's activities then please
cooperate. On I got the message that you didn't want a response to
this "informational" post, but did you actually expect your
unnecessary "Note to Jim" to go unchallenged merely because your
request was front ended with the remark ... UNLESS YOUR A TROLL???

Please take notice that on the 23rd, in this very thread, I posted the
following to Perry Butler and bear in mind that was FIVE DAYS AGO!!!

Relax. You will note that I have not responded to the troll's latest
bait, and have no such intention either. I'm done with him and will
follow Tom's god example in this regard. I have learned that a
troll's
adversary is not really an adversary but rather an ally or sorts, if
you know what I mean, but enough about the troll I would like to see
this effort succeed as much as anyone else, so fear not, I'll not be
feeding the troll.

Though I've been baited by the troll, 5 days have since elapsed and I
have not made a single post in response to or in reference to the
troll. In fact, I haven't posted anything on ARBR for 4 days now and
the two posts that I made four days ago were with regard to a
discussion (primarily with you) about trails.

Now lets examine the posting statistics over the past 5-day, shall we?
During this 5-day period, I neither responded to nor even referred to
the troll in a single post. During this same 5-day period, you
responded directly to the troll as follows:

2 times in this thread.
1 time in the "Rail Trails" thread.
1 time in the "Tour de Palm Springs" thread.

Count 'em. That's 5 times. The score at the end of this five-day
period then is Jeff FIVE and Jim ZERO. Now correctly me if I'm wrong
Jeff, but the numbers would seem to indicate that you are not entitled
to be casting aspersion on me. The old adage ... he who lives in a
glass house shouldn't throw stones come to mind.

Don't take this too personal, but you spoke out of turn. While you
were still responding to the troll, I was not. Consequently, you were
in no position to offer advice to me who was not part an parcel of the
problem during a period when the posting statistic indicate you still
were. Now I don't' want to enter into a ****ing match over all this.
I feel it is important for members to remain united in the cause,
concerted in our efforts and leave the potshots to the troll.

Jim McNamara

Old January 29th 07, 10:31 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Jeff Grippe

Jim,

I did not intend to offend you and I concede that it was wrong of me to
single you out, especially since I have risen to the bait far too many times
myself.

Please accept my apology for having do this. As a fellow human being I ask
your tolerance that I be allowed to make a mistake once in a while. Singling
you out in that post was a mistake.

In reality, I was talking to and about myself as much as you or anyone else.

I also do not want to enter into a contest with you or anyone else. Once
again, I ask you to please forgive that bone-headed mistake.

Regards,
Jeff
oups.com...

Old January 30th 07, 02:49 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
JimmyMac

Jeff,

I felt it was wrong that I was singled out simply because I was
abiding by the guidelines when others were not including yourself, but
tis the human condition to make a mistake and its human to acknowledge
our mistakes, forgive those of others and to hope that others forgive
ours. Apology accepted.

Jim McNamara

On Jan 29, 3:31 am, "Jeff Grippe" wrote:
Jim,

I did not intend to offend you and I concede that it was wrong of me to
single you out, especially since I have risen to the bait far too many times
myself.

Please accept my apology for having do this. As a fellow human being I ask
your tolerance that I be allowed to make a mistake once in a while. Singling
you out in that post was a mistake.

In reality, I was talking to and about myself as much as you or anyone else.

I also do not want to enter into a contest with you or anyone else. Once
again, I ask you to please forgive that bone-headed mistake.

Regards,
Jeff"JimmyMac" wrote in ooglegroups.com...

Old January 30th 07, 08:10 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
oups.com...

ALL TOP POSTERS ARE DIOTS!

Note to Jeff:

Blah, blah, blah ...
[...]

Though I've been baited by the troll, 5 days have since elapsed and I
have not made a single post in response to or in reference to the
troll. In fact, I haven't posted anything on ARBR for 4 days now and
the two posts that I made four days ago were with regard to a
discussion (primarily with you) about trails.

Poor Jim is dying to stalk me. It is his nature. What else is a wimp like
him to do?

But here is Jim taking his one ally to task for not being on the same page
as him. Well, that is Jim McNamara for you. Either stroke his ego or get
lost.

Now lets examine the posting statistics over the past 5-day, shall we?
During this 5-day period, I neither responded to nor even referred to
the troll in a single post. During this same 5-day period, you
responded directly to the troll as follows:

2 times in this thread.
1 time in the "Rail Trails" thread.
1 time in the "Tour de Palm Springs" thread.

Count 'em. That's 5 times. The score at the end of this five-day
period then is Jeff FIVE and Jim ZERO. Now correctly me if I'm wrong
Jeff, but the numbers would seem to indicate that you are not entitled
to be casting aspersion on me. The old adage ... he who lives in a
glass house shouldn't throw stones come to mind.

Notice how this jerk keeps score. I mean, just how pitiful can you get!

Don't take this too personal, but you spoke out of turn. While you
were still responding to the troll, I was not. Consequently, you were
in no position to offer advice to me who was not part an parcel of the
problem during a period when the posting statistic indicate you still
were. Now I don't' want to enter into a ****ing match over all this.
I feel it is important for members to remain united in the cause,
concerted in our efforts and leave the potshots to the troll.

Hey, Jeff, Jim wants to have a ****ing match with you. Why don't you oblige
him. That is the only thing in this world that makes him happy. It is all he
has ever been good for on this newsgroup from the beginning, just one
****ing match after another; first with Ed Gin, then with Tom Sherman and
finally with me. How about you Jeff? Get your pecker out and prepare to ****
why don't you?

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old January 30th 07, 08:28 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"Jeff Grippe" wrote in message

ALL TOP POSTERS ARE IDIOTS!

Jim,

I did not intend to offend you and I concede that it was wrong of me to
single you out, especially since I have risen to the bait far too many
times myself.

You will always offend Jim McNamara unless you are stroking his sensitive
ego. He is like a child that way. Just tell him how wonderful you think he
is and he will purr like a kitten.

Please accept my apology for having do this. As a fellow human being I ask
your tolerance that I be allowed to make a mistake once in a while.
Singling you out in that post was a mistake.

You have now really scored with McNamara! He loves to have others
apologizing to him for slights that no one else would even notice.

In reality, I was talking to and about myself as much as you or anyone
else.

Not if you are a paranoid nut like McNamara. How could you be so stupid?

I also do not want to enter into a contest with you or anyone else. Once
again, I ask you to please forgive that bone-headed mistake.

Jesus Christ God Almighty!!! Screw McNamara all the way to Hell and back!
Instead of saying you are sorry for nothing, you should be kicking his sorry
ass all over the newsgroup. Jeff, you are as hopeless as he is. Thank God I
don't know either of you! What a pair of misfits the both of you are!

Old January 30th 07, 08:49 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"JimmyMac" wrote in message
ups.com...

ALL TOP POSTERS ARE IDIOTS!

Jeff,

I felt it was wrong that I was singled out simply because I was
abiding by the guidelines when others were not including yourself, but
tis the human condition to make a mistake and its human to acknowledge
our mistakes, forgive those of others and to hope that others forgive
ours. Apology accepted.

McNamara feels things deeply because he is unable to think rationally about
anything.

What is really amusing is that McNamara has accepted an apology instead of
giving one. Jeff Grippe would have done better to kick his sorry ass all
over the newsgroup instead of abasing himself before the entire group for
absolutely nothing. Jeff can keep on apologizing to Jim for all eternity and
Jim will keep on accepting those apologies from Jeff for all eternity. Truly
a marriage made in Hell!

Ed Gin,Tom Sherman and Ed Dolan NEVER apologized to McNamara for anything -
EVER! But maybe Jeff Grippe knows something that the rest of us don't! Like
how to be a sap!

Only McNamara makes mistakes on this newsgroup, the chief one being showing
up here in the first place. Ed Gin - where the **** are you when you are
needed here to coral this supreme nincompoop who goes by the name of
McNamara?