Can't Use Helmets in the Sun????

Old July 2nd 06, 08:12 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc

Default Can't Use Helmets in the Sun????

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 22:55:44 GMT, Bill wrote:

Taunto wrote:
Tony Raven wrote:
John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:

So WTF do I know about helmets? Please give me some more advice -- I
haven't experienced enough in cycling.

I've noticed that there is generally a division between those who
question the efficacy of helmets who tend to use their real names and
those who are staunch believers in helmets who go by pseudonyms like
Ozark and Sorni and Strange Quark. I wonder why that would be?

They fell off their bike without a helmet, and can't remember who the
**** they are.

I never use a helmet but not for the reasons most might think. I wear a
baseball cap with the bill to keep the sun from coming over the top of
my sunglasses into my eyes.

Doesn't that make your neck hurt. At least get a cycling cap with the small
bill.

If I could find a helmet with a sun visor on
the front I might consider wearing one.

Perhaps 60% of the helmets on the market come with one. 80% of the rest can have
one fitted and almost all can be worn over a billed cycling cap.

None of this means I think you need a helmet, just that you don't need any
excuse (much less this one).

Ron

Mid day sun hurts my eyes,
especially the light that comes around the corners of my sunglasses, and
has sometimes interfered with my ability to see where I am going.
There's a different point of view for you.
Bill (real name) Baka