A new variety of a**holeship

Old October 9th 18, 03:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default A new variety of a**holeship

Just returned from driving home at night. On a two lane country road, we
passed a bicyclist riding in the same direction. He had no taillight and
no rear reflectors.

When we were past him, I saw he had a glaringly bright headlight -
bright enough and with optics bad enough that it would be really
annoying, if not blinding.

He was riding on the wrong side of the road, facing traffic.

I guess this is what we have to look forward to.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old October 9th 18, 05:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

On 09/10/18 13:13, Frank Krygowski wrote:
Just returned from driving home at night. On a two lane country road, we
passed a bicyclist riding in the same direction. He had no taillight and
no rear reflectors.

When we were past him, I saw he had a glaringly bright headlight -
bright enough and with optics bad enough that it would be really
annoying, if not blinding.

He was riding on the wrong side of the road, facing traffic.

I guess this is what we have to look forward to.

Well, you probably wouldn't see him if you looked back to, considering
all his lighting was pointing in the opposite direction.

--
JS
Old October 9th 18, 01:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 10/8/2018 9:13 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
Just returned from driving home at night. On a two lane
country road, we passed a bicyclist riding in the same
direction. He had no taillight and no rear reflectors.

When we were past him, I saw he had a glaringly bright
headlight - bright enough and with optics bad enough that it
would be really annoying, if not blinding.

He was riding on the wrong side of the road, facing traffic.

I guess this is what we have to look forward to.

Scary. What if that guy votes in November?

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old October 10th 18, 03:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Tuesday, October 9, 2018 at 5:38:17 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
On 10/8/2018 9:13 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
Just returned from driving home at night. On a two lane
country road, we passed a bicyclist riding in the same
direction. He had no taillight and no rear reflectors.

When we were past him, I saw he had a glaringly bright
headlight - bright enough and with optics bad enough that it
would be really annoying, if not blinding.

He was riding on the wrong side of the road, facing traffic.

I guess this is what we have to look forward to.

Scary. What if that guy votes in November?

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

What I have noticed is that most riders that ride at night do have rear lights and either forget to turn them on or their batteries are dead because they ride with them in the daytime to "warn" drivers coming from arears. A large percentage of people I ride with are now using GoPro cameras which appear to be taillights. They have a flashing red light around the camera. The battery life is pretty poor because they run them all of the time and sometime forget to recharge them when they aren't riding. Several people in the group have young children that ride and so they have been routinely turning in people who do not give sufficient room. They have also gotten a court ruling that photographic evidence is admissible.

Variety JD Mountain Biking 2 September 28th 06 09:50 PM
Morning ride excitement - of the bad variety... Tamyka Bell Australia 2 May 3rd 06 04:03 AM
Variety video KcTheAcy Unicycling 5 October 17th 05 01:50 AM
OMG! Variety of glasses options... Roger Buchanan Mountain Biking 6 January 29th 05 08:06 PM
What a Variety of Bikes [Not Responding] UK 4 July 19th 04 11:00 AM