OT Is there as Much Bicycling on Political Groups as Politics Here?

Old October 14th 18, 04:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default OT Is there as Much Bicycling on Political Groups as Politics Here?

Just for laughs folks.

Do any of you know/think there's as much talk about bicycles on Political newsgroups as there is Politics her on RBT?

Seems lately as if many RBT threads are becoming far more political content they are bicycling or even bicycling related let alone bicycling TECH related.

Cheers
Old October 14th 18, 05:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Sunday, October 14, 2018 at 4:59:15 AM UTC+1, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Do any of you know/think there's as much talk about bicycles on Political newsgroups as there is Politics her on RBT?

Yeah, but you don't want to read what they say about cyclists; it'll hurt your feelings, for sure.

Seems lately as if many RBT threads are becoming far more political content they are bicycling or even bicycling related let alone bicycling TECH related.

WTF? Only yesterday you and that other control freak Krygowski were trying to shut down a poster who consistently posts on technical bike matters. Make up your mind, Ridealot: you can't have it both ways.

Not to mention that when you are a chorus for the wretched Krygowski, you strain the patience with which we might otherwise consider your complaint.

Andre Jute
I have yet to see one of these wannabe on-topic policemen offer to fill the forum with interesting content
Old October 14th 18, 05:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

On Sat, 13 Oct 2018 20:59:13 -0700 (PDT), Sir Ridesalot
wrote:

Just for laughs folks.

Do any of you know/think there's as much talk about bicycles on Political newsgroups as there is Politics her on RBT?

Seems lately as if many RBT threads are becoming far more political content they are bicycling or even bicycling related let alone bicycling TECH related.

Cheers

Over on rec.crafts.metalworking the political ranting and raving
reached the point that now there are only one or two posters left that
post anything about metalworking. The rest of the posts are the usual
B.S. about this politician did this or that politician did that and
while I find Jay's comments about the guy with the blond combover
enlightening they might be more topical over on one of the political
discussion groups.
--

Cheers,

John B.
Old October 14th 18, 03:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

On 2018-10-13 20:59, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Just for laughs folks.

Do any of you know/think there's as much talk about bicycles on
Political newsgroups as there is Politics her on RBT?

Seems lately as if many RBT threads are becoming far more political
content they are bicycling or even bicycling related let alone
bicycling TECH related.

You should see the rants on electronics-related newsgroups. That can
easily get an order of magnitude worse.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Old October 14th 18, 03:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

wrote:

Just for laughs folks.

Do any of you know/think there's as much talk about bicycles on Political newsgroups as there is Politics her on RBT?

Seems lately as if many RBT threads are becoming far more political content they are bicycling or even bicycling related let alone bicycling TECH related.

Cheers

Over on rec.crafts.metalworking the political ranting and raving
reached the point that now there are only one or two posters left that
post anything about metalworking. The rest of the posts are the usual
B.S. about this politician did this or that politician did that and
while I find Jay's comments about the guy with the blond combover
enlightening they might be more topical over on one of the political
discussion groups.

True. I'll stop.

I was working on the Roubaix yesterday -- I'm my son's private mechanic. That's the bike that had some skipping or what my son mis-named ghost shifting. Checked the derailleur hanger, and it was straight. I changed out the left arm with a Stages power meter left he got from work. I noticed a little play in the crank before the change-out, and that might have caused problems. Chain was good and had no stiff links. The cogs look fine, and when I rode it around, no problem at all. The weird thing about that bike is the draggy freehub. The pawls or so stiff that it will turn the crank sometimes when it is freewheeling. The wheels are some cheap OE Mavic Aksium.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old October 14th 18, 04:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

wrote:

[...]

Aksiums are in general pretty good wheels. I can tell you that I've seen more broken Kyseriums than I care to. The Kyserium Elites are supposed to be able to handle 250 lbs or so but I'm seeing them break with a lot less weight in less than one year.

As I noted before the "ghost shifting" problem really is nothing more than a slight misalignment. The chain will catch in the lifts and it merely jumps up and slips off and drops back down. All this normally requires is a VERY slight loosening of the rear derailleur cable.

It can also be caused by worn rear derailleur idler pulleys. A set of new ones are pretty cheap or you can get the latest ones with roller bearings. These tend to wear a lot slower. Be careful to get the correct size. Usually an 11 tooth idler. There are now 12 and 13 and I don't know if they would fit.

Re-CYCLING Politics Bill Sornson[_3_] General 1 November 2nd 08 08:10 PM
Politics in Cycling? Tom Kunich Racing 95 November 1st 08 09:17 AM
Politics and Magies Owen Australia 2 October 11th 08 07:39 AM
Politics Andre Racing 4 March 6th 08 01:53 PM
Enough with the OT politics! Steve Christensen Recumbent Biking 51 February 4th 04 10:26 AM