Bike Tech & Anthropology

Old July 23rd 19, 08:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default Bike Tech & Anthropology

The strange beliefs and habits of local tribes, plus
innovative bike parts tech at 2:15 in the video:

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/invest...513057481.html

(saw it on the radio, the great KRLA-AM)
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old July 24th 19, 01:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_5_]

On Tuesday, July 23, 2019 at 12:25:20 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
The strange beliefs and habits of local tribes, plus
innovative bike parts tech at 2:15 in the video:

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/invest...513057481.html

(saw it on the radio, the great KRLA-AM)
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

This is California dude, Sex, drugs and rock and roll. Underpasses are not homeless shelters. Grewsome Newsom would rather have illegal aliens than Americans.
Old July 24th 19, 01:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 7/23/2019 7:03 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Tuesday, July 23, 2019 at 12:25:20 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
The strange beliefs and habits of local tribes, plus
innovative bike parts tech at 2:15 in the video:

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/invest...513057481.html

(saw it on the radio, the great KRLA-AM)
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

This is California dude, Sex, drugs and rock and roll. Underpasses are not homeless shelters. Grewsome Newsom would rather have illegal aliens than Americans.

No comment on creative use of left crank from a stolen
bicycle? This is new ground!

In art anyway, way beyond Duchamp.

Old July 24th 19, 06:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Tue, 23 Jul 2019 19:40:48 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

No comment on creative use of left crank from a stolen
bicycle? This is new ground!

In art anyway, way beyond Duchamp.

No imagination.
https://www.instructables.com/id/Portable-Bicycle-Water-Pump/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCcehDeqwlw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtObp4IlIaw

Ever wonder where all the stolen bicycle wheels go?
https://craftcoral.com/repurposed-bicycle-ideas/repurposed-bicycle-ideas-7/
http://www.architectureartdesigns.com/25-incredible-diy-repurposed-bike-wheels/
https://www.google.com/search?q=repurposed+bicycle+wheels&tbm=isch

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Old July 25th 19, 07:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

On Tuesday, July 23, 2019 at 5:03:10 PM UTC-7, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Tuesday, July 23, 2019 at 12:25:20 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
The strange beliefs and habits of local tribes, plus
innovative bike parts tech at 2:15 in the video:

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/invest...513057481.html

(saw it on the radio, the great KRLA-AM)
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

This is California dude, Sex, drugs and rock and roll. Underpasses are not homeless shelters. Grewsome Newsom would rather have illegal aliens than Americans.

Hey. What do you get when you cross an illegal alien with an octopus?

Old July 25th 19, 08:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Thu, 25 Jul 2019 11:48:28 -0700 (PDT), Doug Landau
wrote:

Hey. What do you get when you cross an illegal alien with an octopus?

The worlds best fruit tree harvester?

Old July 25th 19, 10:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

On Thursday, July 25, 2019 at 12:31:46 PM UTC-7, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Thu, 25 Jul 2019 11:48:28 -0700 (PDT), Doug Landau

Hey. What do you get when you cross an illegal alien with an octopus?

The worlds best fruit tree harvester?

I dunno either but it sure can pick lettuce
Old July 26th 19, 02:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jeff Liebermann

On Thu, 25 Jul 2019 14:44:42 -0700 (PDT), Doug Landau
wrote:

On Thursday, July 25, 2019 at 12:31:46 PM UTC-7, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Thu, 25 Jul 2019 11:48:28 -0700 (PDT), Doug Landau

Hey. What do you get when you cross an illegal alien with an octopus?

The worlds best fruit tree harvester?

I dunno either but it sure can pick lettuce

There's a bit of a story behind that marginally racist joke. One of
my acquaintances asked me for a real time Spanish to English
translator. Not a problem. I setup a microphone in the outer office
and Google Translate to translate the Spanish speech into English
Speech in near real time. This requires the Google Chrome browser:
https://translate.google.com/#view=home&op=translate&sl=es&tl=en
Click on the microphone icon in the left window and out comes English
text in the right window. Click on the speaker icon in the right
window and it will speak the text in English. It works on both a
computah, Android, or iPhone:
https://support.google.com/translate/answer/6142474

They ran the translator for one afternoon until someone felt guilty
and explained to the local Spanish speakers what was happening. I was
dragged over to give them a demonstration and answer questions. They
were horrified. They had apparently been saying all manner of
uncomplimentary things behind our backs. The aforementioned joke was
one of several that I heard or read in the transcript.

As I side note, at least two of them asked me to setup their Android
phones to do the same translation. They were both having problems
learning English and a "universal translator" might help. It's only
been a few days, so it's too soon to tell how well it worked. So far,
all I've determined is that idioms, slang, jokes, puns, poetry,
profanity, and insults translate rather poorly between different
languages. Also, I suspect that the NSA spies, who are surely
listening, are having difficulties determining what is happening.

Old July 26th 19, 03:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_5_]

wrote:

[...]

I grew up in a neighborhood that had a lot of illegals. It was no big deal at the time. A good friend of mine was illegal and his father would say things to him that were embarrassing and I assumed it was about me and another friend who was Spanish. The three of us hang around together for a while until Bobby's father couldn't get any work in the city and moved to the Napa vineyards. We would drive up and visit him for awhile. But my other friend - a Japanese/American was much closer. We did everything together. We've been in touch. He was a Marine lifer in the Pentagon probably because he knew Japanese culture and language. He us now retired and is so fearful of the Democrats gaining control that he is going to move to Okinawa. He spent his childhood in an American concentration camp and he sees that in the future if the Democrats gain control. I tell him don't worry - they won't lock you up - they'll just make you homeless.

Sorta bike tech Frank Krygowski[_4_] Techniques 5 February 16th 17 07:30 AM
bike tech Dan O Techniques 9 September 10th 12 04:00 AM
Bike Tech at it's best! Porky Techniques 0 December 15th 05 11:49 AM
Rip off of rec.bike.tech Phil, Squid-in-Training Mountain Biking 20 October 30th 05 03:47 PM
abandoned bikes: anthropology in actio. lowkey General 7 June 22nd 05 05:15 PM