Professional use of proper size wrench

Old August 15th 19, 10:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default Professional use of proper size wrench

On Thursday, August 15, 2019 at 3:48:58 PM UTC-4, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Wednesday, August 14, 2019 at 5:21:46 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
On 8/14/2019 6:38 PM, AK wrote:
On Monday, August 5, 2019 at 9:08:00 AM UTC-5, AMuzi wrote:
https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/wat...ault/971662496

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

I can strongly sympathize with her not wanting to let someone steal from their shop.

When the guy mentioned "shooting", it may have have been better to call the police.

With the good camera footage, there is a chance at an arrest.

Huh?

When seconds matter, 911 is just twenty minutes away.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

People who have never had need for the police haven't even a passing understanding of self defense.

Hence why a lot of gun owners believe the adage, "It's better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it".

Cheers
Old August 15th 19, 10:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 8/15/2019 3:48 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Wednesday, August 14, 2019 at 5:21:46 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:

When seconds matter, 911 is just twenty minutes away.

People who have never had need for the police haven't even a passing understanding of self defense.

I did need the police here once. There was an obviously sick raccoon
stumbling around our yard. I called the cops because there's a village
ordinance against shooting a firearm within village limits, and raccoons
frequently carry rabies.

The pleasant young cop (one I hadn't met before) came within about three
minutes. He shot the raccoon and we disposed of the corpse together in
the nearby woods.

I once defended our garden from a marauding groundhog, but that required
only a pellet gun and a club.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old August 15th 19, 10:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Thursday, August 15, 2019 at 5:15:01 PM UTC-4, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 8/15/2019 3:48 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Wednesday, August 14, 2019 at 5:21:46 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:

When seconds matter, 911 is just twenty minutes away.

People who have never had need for the police haven't even a passing understanding of self defense.

I did need the police here once. There was an obviously sick raccoon
stumbling around our yard. I called the cops because there's a village
ordinance against shooting a firearm within village limits, and raccoons
frequently carry rabies.

The pleasant young cop (one I hadn't met before) came within about three
minutes. He shot the raccoon and we disposed of the corpse together in
the nearby woods.

I once defended our garden from a marauding groundhog, but that required
only a pellet gun and a club.

--
- Frank Krygowski

They didn't take the dead racoon away for testing for rabies? Amazing!

Cheers
Old August 15th 19, 11:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 8/14/2019 6:38 PM, AK wrote:
On Monday, August 5, 2019 at 9:08:00 AM UTC-5, AMuzi wrote:
https://www.kiro7.com/news/local/wat...ault/971662496

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

I can strongly sympathize with her not wanting to let someone steal from their shop.

When the guy mentioned "shooting", it may have have been better to call the police.

With the good camera footage, there is a chance at an arrest.

Huh?

When seconds matter, 911 is just twenty minutes away.

People who have never had need for the police haven't even a passing understanding of self defense.

Hence why a lot of gun owners believe the adage, "It's better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it".

Cheers

Although that's true, responsible firearms owners, hell
responsible people generally, seek first and foremost to
avoid that sort of situation. Nobody wants to be George
Zimmerman.

Old August 15th 19, 11:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On 8/14/2019 6:38 PM, AK wrote:
[...]

Sometime you can't avoid a bad situation.

I had an instance where two friends of mine were attacked on my front verandah. My sister phoned the police when we saw the blood on the two. They had been attacked by six guys. I fired one blank round from a 7.62mm NATO semi-automatic rifle and let the assailants see the next round going into the chamber. They all left rather quickly. VBEG ONE HALF HOUR later the police finally showed up. I believe in that saying, "it's better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it". I also like the saying, iirc from the US Marine Corps that, "Gun control is hitting what you are aiming at".

Cheers
Old August 16th 19, 12:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

On 8/14/2019 6:38 PM, AK wrote:
[...]

I suggest that is a very modern, and likely made up argument.
I grew up in a small New England town where, I'd guess, more than half
the homes had a gun or two. My granddad had two deer rifles, a 12
gauge shotgun and a .22 rifle behind the kitchen door.
As a general statement guns were seen a tools. How else would you keep
the fox from eating the chickens?

I never heard this argument that "to have a gun and not need it..."
until long after I left home. In fact, from memory alone, I'd guess it
was into the 1960's or '70's when I heard it first.
--
cheers,

John B.

Old August 16th 19, 01:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

On 8/14/2019 6:38 PM, AK wrote:
[...]

But, you were shooting blanks :-)
--
cheers,

John B.

Old August 16th 19, 02:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On 8/14/2019 6:38 PM, AK wrote:
[...]

No. Only the first round was a blank the other 19 were live rounds and I was quite prepared to use them if I had to. The important thing is that the six assailants thought that I'd use them too.

Typing this reminds me of the incident. What I now find interesting is that even though the six assailants were found and were found to be on drugs and alcohol, NONE of them were ever charged for anything. The police were a real big help that day - not!

Cheers
Old August 16th 19, 02:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 8/14/2019 6:38 PM, AK wrote:
[...]

Police are expert at writing toe tags and after action
reports. Paperwork is important! Taxpayers not so much.

Old August 16th 19, 03:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

On 8/14/2019 6:38 PM, AK wrote:
[...]

And had you shot one or more it might well have been you the police
apprehended :-(
--
cheers,

John B.