[frame sizing] GT Zaskar 2005 - M or L ?

Old August 19th 05, 12:03 PM

Default [frame sizing] GT Zaskar 2005 - M or L ?

Hello!

I'm around 182 cm (~6 feet) tall. At the moment I ride 18" hardtail frame
which I find slightly too short (the top tube is 55 cm (21.7 inch) long, I
don't know the exact horizontal TT measurement, but its makeshift
measurement showed 58 cm (22,83 inch)).

My inseam is 86 cm (33,86 inch). I need a frame for cross coutry races and
marathons. What GT zaskar size would you recommend: M or L? Or mayby I
should look for some 19" frame? Please help.

All the best,

Lechu

Old August 20th 05, 05:25 AM
Hank Wirtz

wrote in :

Hello!

I'm around 182 cm (~6 feet) tall. At the moment I ride 18" hardtail
frame which I find slightly too short (the top tube is 55 cm (21.7
inch) long, I don't know the exact horizontal TT measurement, but its
makeshift measurement showed 58 cm (22,83 inch)).

My inseam is 86 cm (33,86 inch). I need a frame for cross coutry races
and marathons. What GT zaskar size would you recommend: M or L? Or
mayby I should look for some 19" frame? Please help.

All the best,

Lechu

FWIW, I'm 6 feet tall and I have a 2003 GT Avalanche in size Medium. It
felt good when I bought it, but I now wish I had a Large. It came with a
300mm seatpost, which I had extended to the minimum insertion line, and was
still too short, so I have a 350mm post now. Top tube feels cramped and it
doesn't have very good climbing traction.

Nonetheless, the Medium Zaskar has a 19mm longer top tube than my Avalanche
(572mm vs. 553mm), longer chainstays and a shallower seat tube angle, and I
think that those changes would address my handling issues with the
Avalanche, so on a Zaskar, medium might be the way to go.

Old August 22nd 05, 03:42 PM
Basjan

wrote in message ...
Hello!

I'm around 182 cm (~6 feet) tall. At the moment I ride 18" hardtail frame
which I find slightly too short (the top tube is 55 cm (21.7 inch) long, I
don't know the exact horizontal TT measurement, but its makeshift
measurement showed 58 cm (22,83 inch)).

My inseam is 86 cm (33,86 inch). I need a frame for cross coutry races and
marathons. What GT zaskar size would you recommend: M or L? Or mayby I
should look for some 19" frame? Please help.

All the best,

Lechu

I am 1.83 m tall and ride a 2001 GT Zaskar Race, (L)arge frame. I
unfortunately have no clue as to my inseam, but the frame fits me very well.
The seatpost is extended about 20cm, while the top tube rides well as far as
my preferences go: I prefer a slightly longer measure as opposed to the more
cramped cockpit of the older Treks. What did make a big difference in
"geometry" was the shock. I started with a Rock Shox SID and went to a
Marzocchi MX Pro. I miss the SID, since it had less travel and resulted in
a more aggressive feel, while the Marzocchi is more propped up. But I am
still looking into reducing the shock´s travel...

Good luck!

Basjan