Chain Advice

Old June 13th 08, 09:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

Default Chain Advice

On Jun 13, 3:03 pm, (Arthur Shapiro) wrote:
Thanks, everyone!

I'm not made of money, to put it mildly, but do enough riding that anything I
spend on the machine is easily justified.

A KMC X10SL is now on order...looks like an interesting product complete with
a removable link. If that doesn't work out to my satisfaction, we'll try
something different or go back to Campy next time.

If you like it, scale back and try the cheaper KMC stuff like Hank
mentioned--you may find a happy price/performance point. Like Hank, I
like their chains that are often sold under other brands. Everybody
has chains made for them by KMC--I believe my fixed gear has a
"Diamondback" chain on it right now. ;-) Still--GOLD! With Italian
componentry--what's not to like?? You might want to keep a comb in
your jersey pocket from now on--for post ride interviews!
Old June 13th 08, 10:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Arthur Shapiro

In article , landotter wrote:
Still--GOLD! With Italian
componentry--what's not to like?? You might want to keep a comb in
your jersey pocket from now on--for post ride interviews!

Ha Ha. With my modest speed, the interviewer will have long gone home when I
arrive!

Well, there's nothing remotely gold on the bike now - about the closest is
the front (only) Velocity yellow rim. I was about to get some KCNC skewers in
black - the rear Campy Eurus wheel is all black - but maybe I should go for
the gold, as they say.

Regarding a comb - my hair is so raunchy that I brush it with the cats' wire
brush. A comb has little chance through this mop, so there's little point to
carrying it and adding weight.

Art