carbon frame/campy BB click

Old June 13th 08, 10:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default carbon frame/campy BB click

Like a previous poster, I too have the dreaded BB click, only when out
of saddle. 2 or three clicks per downstroke, both pedals. Flanders
Pro Team (all carbon); Campy Record. About 2 years old.

Ever since ergo, i quit wrenching and the LBS wants to keep it for a
week and a half.

Any good mechs in Philly area? I'll make it worth yr while.

Thanks

John
Old June 14th 08, 02:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
D'ohBoy

On Jun 13, 5:01 pm, Lou Holtman wrote:
wrote:
Like a previous poster, I too have the dreaded BB click, only when out
of saddle. 2 or three clicks per downstroke, both pedals. Flanders
Pro Team (all carbon); Campy Record. About 2 years old.

Ever since ergo, i quit wrenching and the LBS wants to keep it for a
week and a half.

Any good mechs in Philly area? I'll make it worth yr while.

Thanks

John

I hope your search doesn't end like mine:http://home.planet.nl/~holtm072/plaa...cottBBbus2.jpg

Lou

Bummer. Bet some JB Weld would fix that right up.

Seriously, didja get that rebonded or what?

D'ohBoy

Software development truism: The faster the slower.
Old June 14th 08, 08:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Lou Holtman[_2_]

wrote:
Like a previous poster, I too have the dreaded BB click, only when out
of saddle. 2 or three clicks per downstroke, both pedals. Flanders
Pro Team (all carbon); Campy Record. About 2 years old.
Ever since ergo, i quit wrenching and the LBS wants to keep it for a
week and a half.
Any good mechs in Philly area? I'll make it worth yr while.
Thanks
John

I hope your search doesn't end like mine:http://home.planet.nl/~holtm072/plaa...cottBBbus2.jpg

Lou

Bummer. Bet some JB Weld would fix that right up.

Seriously, didja get that rebonded or what?

D'ohBoy

The shop sent it back to Scott 2.5 weeks ago. We will see what they
do/suggest. Frame was 2.5 years old and had 7000 km on it.

Lou
Old June 14th 08, 02:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Banned

On Jun 13, 3:42*pm, wrote:
Like a previous poster, I too have the dreaded BB click, only when out
of saddle. *2 or three clicks per downstroke, both pedals. *Flanders
Pro Team (all carbon); Campy Record. *About 2 years old.

Ever since ergo, i quit wrenching and the LBS wants to keep it for a
week and a half.

Any good mechs in Philly area? *I'll make it worth yr while.

Thanks

John

Take crank off, BB out, make sure the BB shell is faced, if possible.
Grease into the BB cups, grease inside BOTH cups(tap right one off),
install tight perhaps with teflon tape on the BB cup threads. Also
check the crank bolts(grease onto the threads as well as onto the
crank 'flats' where the chainring lives). Install crank onto dry BB
spindle(here we go) and to torque. 26-28 ft-lbs.
Old June 14th 08, 02:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Banned

I hope your search doesn't end like mine:http://home.planet.nl/~holtm072/plaa...ghttp://home.p...

Lou

Bummer. *Bet some JB Weld would fix that right up.

Seriously, didja get that rebonded or what?

D'ohBoy

The shop sent it back to Scott 2.5 weeks ago. We will see what they
do/suggest. Frame was 2.5 years old and had 7000 km on it.

Lou

We've seen two of these do this-warranty, no fix.