Shimano Electronic shifting

Old March 18th 12, 06:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Justin[_3_]

Default Shimano Electronic shifting

Saw a bike equipped with this yesterday - got to ride it. Works well
but feels/looks vulnerable. Has anyone got any long-term experience
with it?
Old March 18th 12, 06:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Mar 18, 5:05*pm, Justin wrote:
Saw a bike equipped with this yesterday - got to ride it. Works well
but feels/looks vulnerable. Has anyone got any long-term experience
with it?

I will probably splashing out on the Campag EPS system at some point
when my shares/bonuses come in.
I will report back then - but at the moment I am happy with the Campag
Record I am already using.

--
Simon Mason
Old March 18th 12, 06:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr. Benn[_9_]

"Justin" wrote in message

Saw a bike equipped with this yesterday - got to ride it. Works well
but feels/looks vulnerable. Has anyone got any long-term experience
with it?
================================

No

Old March 18th 12, 06:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Justin[_3_]

On 18 mrt, 18:23, Simon Mason wrote:
On Mar 18, 5:05*pm, Justin wrote:

Saw a bike equipped with this yesterday - got to ride it. Works well
but feels/looks vulnerable. Has anyone got any long-term experience
with it?

I will probably splashing out on the Campag EPS system at some point
when my shares/bonuses come in.
I will report back then - but at the moment I am happy with the Campag
Record I am already using.

--
Simon Mason

I will be interested to read your opinion: I am riding a mix. Campag
Record and Shimano. no problems - no reason to change but it does look
tempting.
Old March 18th 12, 07:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Sun, 18 Mar 2012 10:05:50 -0700 (PDT), Justin
wrote:

Saw a bike equipped with this yesterday - got to ride it. Works well
but feels/looks vulnerable. Has anyone got any long-term experience
with it?

Perhaps one of your posting mates has used one:

Hello it's Nobhead Lewis:
--
Justin (Nobhead) Lewis has been caught using the following names:
FrontMech

Jacqueline Lewis-Wintjens
He has denied it. Nobhead Lewis is a liar.

Old March 18th 12, 08:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

On Mar 18, 5:05 pm, Justin wrote:

Saw a bike equipped with this yesterday - got to ride it. Works well
but feels/looks vulnerable. Has anyone got any long-term experience
with it?

I will probably splashing out on the Campag EPS system at some point
when my shares/bonuses come in.
I will report back then - but at the moment I am happy with the Campag
Record I am already using.

I will be interested to read your opinion: I am riding a mix. Campag
Record and Shimano. no problems - no reason to change but it does look
tempting.

I have three bikes.
The Trek has Ultegra, the Fondriest has Chorus and the Scott has Record.

I love the Record, it has shifted perfectly for two years with only one
cable change.
And I prefer the Record as you can shift through several gears at once,
unlike Shimano

--
Simon Mason
Old March 18th 12, 09:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
roger merriman

Justin wrote:

Saw a bike equipped with this yesterday - got to ride it. Works well
but feels/looks vulnerable. Has anyone got any long-term experience
with it?

few folks on forums have them.

can't see you'll get long term experience since only been on the market
a short while.

realistly I suspect durablity and performace would be good, which is
what the forum folks have said.

the issues I suspect is less durablity, but rapid obsolescence.

clearly batteries will not like being stored in cold sheds etc.

Roger
Old March 19th 12, 01:25 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

Default Nest of 3 Tool Boxes

Nest of 3 Tool Boxes

Key features

• Nest of three tool boxes conveniently take the space of just the largest

• Tote tray

• Two removable small parts storage boxes clipped into lid

• Firm latches and security points for padlock fitting

University
Old March 19th 12, 02:18 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
thirty-six

On Mar 18, 5:05 pm, Justin wrote:

[...]

You could set up the Ultegra system for half-step gearing giving you
normal jumps for regular cycling and in the hills and the half-step
for fine-tuning effort when riding at or near your limit. With a half-
step between chainrings, to give the in-between gears, the bigger
jumps between sprockets are more suitable when one needs to knock down
the gearing quickly when climbing or moving up when accelerating hard.