Cyclists just will not read or obey the highway code

Old May 4th 18, 05:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default Cyclists just will not read or obey the highway code

and immediately start screaming foul language, rather than address the
issue.

I hooted as I approached a zebra crossing so that the two fast moving
cyclists would not attempt to cycle straight off the centre island.
That worked, then the male starting screeching at me. So I stopped,
keeping him and her on the island. I pointed out that it was a
pedestrian crossing, not a cycling crossing, he failed to counter by
saying that there was a cycle path leading to the crossing, I pointed
out again that he should push his bicycle over the crossing and that
there was no cycle path where he was crossing to. By this time he was
screaming foul words at me, regardless of the general population.

I was very good and just drove away, knowing that I had wrecked his
planet saving day..
Old May 4th 18, 07:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

MrCheerful wrote:
and immediately start screaming foul language, rather than address the
issue.

I hooted as I approached a zebra crossing so that the two fast moving
cyclists would not attempt to cycle straight off the centre island.
That worked, then the male starting screeching at me. So I stopped,
keeping him and her on the island. I pointed out that it was a
pedestrian crossing, not a cycling crossing, he failed to counter by
saying that there was a cycle path leading to the crossing, I pointed
out again that he should push his bicycle over the crossing and that
there was no cycle path where he was crossing to. By this time he was
screaming foul words at me, regardless of the general population.

I was very good and just drove away, knowing that I had wrecked his
planet saving day..

I have yet to see a cyclist dismount and push their silly little means of
transport across a zebra crossing.
These people really are scum.

Old May 4th 18, 08:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 04/05/2018 19:54, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
MrCheerful wrote:
[...]

I have seen such a thing, but it is so rare that it really should be in
the news.
Old May 4th 18, 09:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 04/05/18 17:08, MrCheerful wrote:
and immediately start screaming foul language, rather than address the
issue.

I hooted as I approached a zebra crossing so that the two fast moving
cyclists would not attempt to cycle straight off the centre island.

Had you run into them what would your defense be? It doesn't count just
because the other person breaks some petty rule.

That
worked, then the male starting screeching at me.

You screeched at him first. What do you expect?

So I stopped, keeping
him and her on the island.
I pointed out that it was a pedestrian

crossing, not a cycling crossing, he failed to counter by saying that
there was a cycle path leading to the crossing,

He also failed to kick a dent in your door.

I pointed out again that
he should push his bicycle over the crossing and that there was no cycle
path where he was crossing to.Â* By this time he was screaming foul words
at me, regardless of the general population.

I was very good and just drove away, knowing that I had wrecked his
planet saving day..

Strange how drivers always seem to find the time to argue.
Old May 4th 18, 09:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Friday, May 4, 2018 at 9:06:23 PM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:

Strange how drivers always seem to find the time to argue.

Indeed - they are in SO much of a hurry all of the time AND YET, have all the time in the world to argue the toss.

See: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/acti...t-cyclist.html

Just look at his face!

Master butcher Jason Wells, no less.
Old May 4th 18, 11:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

MrCheerful wrote:
and immediately start screaming foul language, rather than address the
issue.

I hooted as I approached a zebra crossing so that the two fast moving
cyclists would not attempt to cycle straight off the centre island.
That worked, then the male starting screeching at me.Â* So I stopped,
keeping him and her on the island.Â* I pointed out that it was a
pedestrian crossing, not a cycling crossing, he failed to counter by
saying that there was a cycle path leading to the crossing, I pointed
out again that he should push his bicycle over the crossing and that
there was no cycle path where he was crossing to.Â* By this time he was
screaming foul words at me, regardless of the general population.

Â*Â* I was very good and just drove away, knowing that I had wrecked his
planet saving day..

I have yet to see a cyclist dismount and push their silly little means of
transport across a zebra crossing.
These people really are scum.

I have seen such a thing, but it is so rare that it really should be in
the news.

In London a few years ago, a couple (the very right on sort - the family
that saves the planet together stays together, etc) were waiting to
cycle across a zebra crossing on the exit from a roundabout. They
clearly thought it was merely a matter of my registering them to
immediately stop at the line and afford them priority.

Did that happen? Well, as many would say where I come from, "did it ****e".

I carried on as though I was not obliged to stop for them, which, of
course, I absolutely wasn't.

You *should* have seen their faces.

Old May 4th 18, 11:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Friday, May 4, 2018 at 5:08:09 PM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:
and immediately start screaming foul language, rather than address the
issue.

I hooted as I approached a zebra crossing so that the two fast moving
cyclists would not attempt to cycle straight off the centre island.

Illegal, the horn is to alert other road users to your presence.

That worked, then the male starting screeching at me. So I stopped,
keeping him and her on the island.

Illegal, Obstructing the Queens Highway.

I pointed out that it was a
pedestrian crossing, not a cycling crossing, he failed to counter by
saying that there was a cycle path leading to the crossing, I pointed
out again that he should push his bicycle over the crossing and that
there was no cycle path where he was crossing to.

What law was the cyclist breaking?

By this time he was screaming foul words at me, regardless of the general population.

So you hear voices.

I was very good and just drove away, knowing that I had wrecked his
planet saving day..

Sad.

Old May 4th 18, 11:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 04/05/18 23:12, Simon Jester wrote:
On Friday, May 4, 2018 at 5:08:09 PM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:

I pointed out that it was a
pedestrian crossing, not a cycling crossing, he failed to counter by
saying that there was a cycle path leading to the crossing, I pointed
out again that he should push his bicycle over the crossing and that
there was no cycle path where he was crossing to.

What law was the cyclist breaking?

The moronists are confused. They think "do not" means "MUST NOT". Rule 79.
Old May 4th 18, 11:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 04/05/2018 23:28, TMS320 wrote:
On 04/05/18 23:12, Simon Jester wrote:
On Friday, May 4, 2018 at 5:08:09 PM UTC+1, MrCheerful wrote:

I pointed out that it was a
pedestrian crossing, not a cycling crossing, he failed to counter by
saying that there was a cycle path leading to the crossing, I pointed
out again that he should push his bicycle over the crossing and that
there was no cycle path where he was crossing to.

What law was the cyclist breaking?

Cycling on a footway.

The moronists are confused. They think "do not" means "MUST NOT". Rule 79.

Old May 5th 18, 09:40 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Friday, May 4, 2018 at 9:36:39 PM UTC+1, wrote:
On Friday, May 4, 2018 at 9:06:23 PM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:

Strange how drivers always seem to find the time to argue.

Indeed - they are in SO much of a hurry all of the time AND YET, have all the time in the world to argue the toss.

See: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/acti...t-cyclist.html

Just look at his face!

Master butcher Jason Wells, no less.

At least he said sorry.

Speaking to the Richmond and Twickenham Guardian about the incident yesterday, Mr Wells said that he "would like to apologise for any offence caused"..

“My behaviour was unacceptable and regardless of the situation, I shouldn’t react like that," he said.

******“I fully appreciate that cyclists have as much right to the road as any other road users.****** EMPHASIS MINE.

“I will be making no further comment at this time.â€