CO2 Connectors - Threaded vs Unthreaded

Old July 15th 19, 11:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

Default CO2 Connectors - Threaded vs Unthreaded

On Mon, 15 Jul 2019 09:32:59 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

On 7/15/2019 9:23 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Sunday, July 14, 2019 at 10:42:14 PM UTC-7, Chalo wrote:
That's grams, not ounces.

And it's a pretty horrendous misuse of resources just to avoid pumping.

Are you telling me what to do with my money?

Uh, sure. That's Step One.

Ready for Step Two?
https://nypost.com/2019/01/10/de-bla...e-wrong-hands/

After which the finale:
http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfromthepast/nkvd.jpg

One of the more positive (and economical) methods of reducing crime.
:-)
--
cheers,

John B.

Old July 15th 19, 11:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

On Monday, July 15, 2019 at 6:09:22 PM UTC-4, John B. wrote:
On Mon, 15 Jul 2019 13:05:17 -0000 (UTC), dave
wrote:

On Sat, 13 Jul 2019 17:01:15 +0200, Tosspot wrote:

A discussion down there --v or up there --^ reminded me CO2 cartridges
come in a least two connectors, threaded and not. I've been caught by
this.

Why the difference? Who cam first?

The chicken.

But where did the chicken come from? The Ark :-?

The scientists say the egg came way before the chicken, because animals much
more primitive than chickens had been laying eggs for millions of years
before there were birds of any kind.

But those people saying that are evil evolutionists. They don't understand that
God put fossils in the ground to test our faith. He's infinitely tricky!

- Frank Krygowski

Old July 15th 19, 11:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

On Mon, 15 Jul 2019 12:34:47 -0700 (PDT), jbeattie
wrote:

On Monday, July 15, 2019 at 7:33:03 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
On 7/15/2019 9:23 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Sunday, July 14, 2019 at 10:42:14 PM UTC-7, Chalo wrote:
That's grams, not ounces.

And it's a pretty horrendous misuse of resources just to avoid pumping.

Are you telling me what to do with my money?

Uh, sure. That's Step One.

Ready for Step Two?
https://nypost.com/2019/01/10/de-bla...e-wrong-hands/

After which the finale:
http://www.yellowjersey.org/photosfromthepast/nkvd.jpg

So, De Blasio is Lenin? Wasn't De Blasio elected? And he's going to run Red Terror squads -- do you think the NYC executioners will get PERS benefits and medical/dental? They'll probably unionize -- maybe Executioners Union Local No. 6666. More living-wage jobs! MAGA! When God closes a door, he opens a window.

-- Jay Beattie.

But think of the tax dollars that will be saved. The cost of keeping a
prisoner in jail is about $28,000 a year while the cost of a 9mm
cartridge is about 15 cents each, in volume lots.

Added to that it will undoubtedly reduce the requirement for lawyers
needed to defend the defense of evil doers who can than be gainfully
employed.

--
cheers,

John B.

Old July 16th 19, 12:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_5_]

On Monday, July 15, 2019 at 11:57:07 AM UTC-7, Tom Evans wrote:
On 15/07/2019 15:24, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Monday, July 15, 2019 at 4:57:15 AM UTC-7, Tom Evans wrote:
On 15/07/2019 08:12, John B. wrote:
On Sun, 14 Jul 2019 22:42:12 -0700 (PDT), Chalo
wrote:

That's grams, not ounces.

And it's a pretty horrendous misuse of resources just to avoid pumping.

Try pumping oh say a 700-25C tire to 90 psi with one of those little
short pocket sized pumps :-)

Framefit pumps still work, quickly, zefal hpx, just because worse
solutions have been invented doesn't mean you have to switch to them.

Someone else telling me what to do with my money. The same person that was supporting electronic shifting?

I wasn't supporting electronic shifting. I was saying I expected the
technology to advance to the point that it was cheaper than manual
shifting.

Personally, I currently use cheap mechanical STI brifters, and like them
very much.

If you have a lot of money and want advice as to how to spend it, I
recommend snorting cocaine of a whore's tit.

My wife may have something to say about that.

While the electronics itself can get cheap, it won't. But the expensive part is the electo-magnetic actuators and since that is mechanical it won't get cheap.

I drive an old Ford. I also only drive it perhaps 5,000 miles a year. I just picked up a touring bike. I'll put racks on it and ride it up to the supermarket because its only five blocks away. I've been driving because the weight of the groceries ruins those carry bags rather rapidly. The store is too close. The top end stores are less than 3 miles away.

Its an old Backroads Chamaya. They had them built in Japan I think for their guided bike tours. It is actually pretty nice - I almost got one of the original Schwinn Voyageurs but this is probably half the weight. And the components are way better. Except it is a 9 speed and is using bar end friction shifters.
Old July 16th 19, 12:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_5_]

wrote:

On Sat, 13 Jul 2019 17:01:15 +0200, Tosspot wrote:

A discussion down there --v or up there --^ reminded me CO2 cartridges
come in a least two connectors, threaded and not. I've been caught by
this.

Why the difference? Who cam first?

The chicken.

But where did the chicken come from? The Ark :-?

The scientists say the egg came way before the chicken, because animals much
more primitive than chickens had been laying eggs for millions of years
before there were birds of any kind.

But those people saying that are evil evolutionists. They don't understand that
God put fossils in the ground to test our faith. He's infinitely tricky!

- Frank Krygowski

Show us ONE proof that ANY evolution ever led to a new species. That has NEVER been found and the theory of evolution is still noting more than a theory.
Old July 16th 19, 01:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

wrote:

On Sat, 13 Jul 2019 17:01:15 +0200, Tosspot wrote:

A discussion down there --v or up there --^ reminded me CO2 cartridges
come in a least two connectors, threaded and not. I've been caught by
this.

Why the difference? Who cam first?

The chicken.

But where did the chicken come from? The Ark :-?

The scientists say the egg came way before the chicken, because animals much
more primitive than chickens had been laying eggs for millions of years
before there were birds of any kind.

But those people saying that are evil evolutionists. They don't understand that
God put fossils in the ground to test our faith. He's infinitely tricky!

- Frank Krygowski

On the other hand if the Christian/Jewish/Moslem God made the universe
and everything in it might he/she/it have created lizards and as
he/she/it rested on the seventh day might that be interpreted as the
period from the creation to modern times giving those pesky lizards
time to grow feathers and learn to fly?
--
cheers,

John B.

Old July 16th 19, 01:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

wrote:

That's grams, not ounces.

And it's a pretty horrendous misuse of resources just to avoid pumping.

Try pumping oh say a 700-25C tire to 90 psi with one of those little
short pocket sized pumps :-)

Lezyne make a range of bike pumps. I use a small "road drive" model,
that would easily fit in a back pocket, though I much prefer using the
holder that attaches between the frame and bottle cage.

I have absolutely no problem pumping up my tyres to 90 psi and more. :-)

--
JS
Old July 16th 19, 01:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

wrote:

[...]

They can show that modern man has DNA sequences that are the same as
ancient man like creatures:

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/ar...l.pone.0002700
We typed the mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) hypervariable region I in a
28,000 years old Cro-Magnoid individual from the Paglicci cave, in
Italy...

The Paglicci 23 individual carried a mtDNA sequence that is still
common in Europe, and which radically differs from those of the almost
contemporary Neandertals, demonstrating a genealogical continuity
across 28,000 years, from Cro-Magnoid to modern Europeans.
--
cheers,

John B.

Old July 16th 19, 01:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

wrote:

That's grams, not ounces.

And it's a pretty horrendous misuse of resources just to avoid pumping.

Try pumping oh say a 700-25C tire to 90 psi with one of those little
short pocket sized pumps :-)

Lezyne make a range of bike pumps. I use a small "road drive" model,
that would easily fit in a back pocket, though I much prefer using the
holder that attaches between the frame and bottle cage.

I have absolutely no problem pumping up my tyres to 90 psi and more. :-)

I have no problems with pumping tires to 90 psi but sitting there on
the side of the road with the rain beating down and the cars zipping
by splashing mud I just find it a lot more satisfying to use CO2 -
"psssit" and you are back on the bike. :-)
--
cheers,

John B.

Old July 16th 19, 05:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

Yesterday I saw one of my friends - a PhD biologist - wearing a T-shirt that
said "Science is not a liberal conspiracy."

It's sad that it's now necessary to say that.

- Frank Krygowski