When to use Endurox and Accelerade?

Old March 19th 05, 05:07 AM
Glewis

Default When to use Endurox and Accelerade?

When do you use Endurox and Accelerade? I've been told Endurox is a
recovery drink used after a ride, and Accelerade is an energy drink
used during your ride. Other riders tell me they use Endurox during
their ride for both energy, and recovery. I'm wondering is there a
difference between the two drinks? Is one a recovery drink to be used
after the ride and the other a energy drink used during a ride? Does it
really matter which one you use and when?
Thanks for all your input.

Old March 19th 05, 06:26 AM
Ken

"Glewis" wrote in news:1111208835.677978.5390
@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:
When do you use Endurox and Accelerade? I've been told Endurox is a
recovery drink used after a ride, and Accelerade is an energy drink
used during your ride. Other riders tell me they use Endurox during
their ride for both energy, and recovery. I'm wondering is there a
difference between the two drinks?

Endurox is much stronger and will probably clog up your stomache if you use
it full strength while riding hard. Maybe if you dilute it a lot you could
use it during a ride.
Old March 23rd 05, 05:05 PM
Bruce Freeburger

Folks,
I tried Endurox R4 at half strength on a century ride. This was
before Accelerade came out, and was what the Endurox ads said to do.
I got stomach cramps big time. It's way too thick to digest during
exercise.

Here is my home recipe for skim milk + sugar. It gets the same grams
of carbs and protein as two scoops of Endurox R4, at a fraction of the
price.
14 oz skim (or 1/2%) milk
39 mg table sugar

Taking L-Glutamine (500 mg) and L-Arginine (1000 mg) with the skim
milk and sugar with get you just about identical ingrediants, and those
two amino acids do seem to make an improvement. They will kick up the
cost. Another factor is having the milk refigerated at the end of your
workout.

Cheers,
Bruce Freeburger
BIKESonTV.com

get rid of SNOWMOBILES and UNLEASHEDDOGS before replying