Paris-Roubaix ride for amateurs?

Old January 20th 09, 03:58 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich

Default Paris-Roubaix ride for amateurs?

"Susan Walker" wrote in message
Michael Press wrote:
I am afraid to ride a carbon fiber fork.

http://www.cycleto.com/images/storie...2/dscn3110.jpg

Come on, you see steel forks broken off like that ALL the time...

Old January 20th 09, 06:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Carl Sundquist

Michael Press wrote:
I am afraid to ride a carbon fiber fork.

http://www.cycleto.com/images/storie...2/dscn3110.jpg

Come on, you see steel forks broken off like that ALL the time...

Whether those particular carbon forks were broken or if steel forks were
bent back so the front wheel overlaps the downtube is irrelevant. Both
are unrideable and both are an effect of the crash, not the cause.
Old January 21st 09, 04:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
jim beam[_3_]

Michael Press wrote:
I am afraid to ride a carbon fiber fork.

http://www.cycleto.com/images/storie...2/dscn3110.jpg

Come on, you see steel forks broken off like that ALL the time...

Whether those particular carbon forks were broken or if steel forks were
bent back so the front wheel overlaps the downtube is irrelevant. Both
are unrideable and both are an effect of the crash, not the cause.

jeepers dude, don't **** on tom's cornflakes like that - you'll hurt his
feelings!
Old January 21st 09, 04:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing,rec.bicycles.tech
Howard Kveck

In article ,
jim beam wrote:

Michael Press wrote:
I am afraid to ride a carbon fiber fork.

http://www.cycleto.com/images/storie...2/dscn3110.jpg

Come on, you see steel forks broken off like that ALL the time...

Whether those particular carbon forks were broken or if steel forks were
bent back so the front wheel overlaps the downtube is irrelevant. Both
are unrideable and both are an effect of the crash, not the cause.

jeepers dude, don't **** on tom's cornflakes like that - you'll hurt his
feelings!

Kunflakes?

--