Victoria Pendleton

Old May 28th 13, 08:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

Default Victoria Pendleton

I see Victoria Pendleton was out on a bike ride.

What on earth was she (and the others) doing riding on the road?
After all
she does know that motorists can be dangerous.

“Pendleton always did a lot of her training on the road, and says she
had a hairy experience more or less every time she ventured out. "It
used to get me down. I used to work out on average how many times
people came past me and put me in a dangerous situation. It got to the
point where if I went out for one hour there would be one person who
would do something a little bit stupid, like overtake and turn left
immediately, or overtake at 50mph or 60mph and give me like four
inches room.
"It used to make me quite upset, thinking, 'Do people not care about
my safety?' I used to think about getting a luminous bike shirt made
up which said: FLESH AND BONES. Or some gruesome image, like on a
cigarette packet. Do people not realise that if they knock me off it's
not just a slight inconvenience and I might have a broken leg, but you
could have potentially ruined my whole career and everything I've
trained for since I was a child, just for the sake of getting
somewhere slightly quicker? A car is a killing machine. It's like
waving a loaded gun. People don't realise how dangerous they are."”
From:-
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013...oy-riding-bike
--
Slowing down a tad will not kill you.

From:-
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013...oy-riding-bike
--
Slowing down a tad will not kill you.

Cars represent a miniscule danger to cyclists.

Motorists account for 1 single fatality per 208,311,415 miles driven -
few of those are cyclists. A simply incredible safety record.
--
Dave-Cyclists VORK
Motorists account for 1 single fatality per 208,311,415 miles driven. A

Interview with Victoria Pendleton Clive George UK 2 October 28th 08 07:04 PM
Victoria Pendleton: Drivers Make My Life Hell Cheeky[_2_] UK 6 August 30th 08 12:14 AM
Victoria Pendleton Tim Hall UK 0 April 7th 08 11:44 PM
Victoria Pendleton Wos 21st March David Lloyd UK 1 March 15th 08 04:27 PM
Talking to Victoria Pendleton Sierraman Racing 0 January 13th 05 06:58 AM