AARP citizen comatose from biker!

Old December 7th 05, 03:32 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Default AARP citizen comatose from biker!

Grandma is comatose, new laws needed!

http://highracers.blogspot.com/2005/...-walkbike.html

Stop_Me_Not

Old December 7th 05, 10:52 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Is this story your version of the "truth" or yet another parody?

Jim Reilly
Reading, PA

Old December 8th 05, 04:20 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

You as a member of this usenet group have the option to decide what is
relevent.

http://highracers.blogspot.com/2005/...omatose-by-wal...

Stop_Me_Not

Old December 8th 05, 12:55 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

I think if there is some truth to this, then it may be relevent. That
is, if there is a safety issue with braking on highracers, I'd like to
know more about that.

Jim

Old December 8th 05, 04:03 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Jim,

It is a well known story the use of Taiwanese knockoff's of traditional
dual pivot designs failed miserably on many early Bacchetta's. Company
releases on usenet and discussion forums hinted at the investigation of
better Kool Stop brake pads which they eventually moved towards.

However there still are many pre-Kool Stop bikes around with inadequate
stopping ability especially with plus 200 lb. riders.

Word is, the delay in the change was strictly money related waiting
for the "cheapest" possible price.

Bacchetta would put in harms way, their customers to save a few
pennies.

Stop Me Not

Old December 8th 05, 06:43 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Now that you mention it, I do recall reading about mushy brakes with
the first Bacchettas. I can't recall if I read that online or in
RCN...

Jim