Assembly of Di2

Old January 9th 20, 06:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]

Default Assembly of Di2

It occurs to me that I should install the hydraulic brakes before I attach the electronic wiring. What do you think?
Old January 12th 20, 09:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]

On Thursday, January 9, 2020 at 9:43:42 AM UTC-8, wrote:
It occurs to me that I should install the hydraulic brakes before I attach the electronic wiring. What do you think?

The last electric component is supposed to be delivered tomorrow but I can't get any accurate reading on the hydraulic hoses and the bleed kit. They might be delivered tomorrow or in three weeks and the tracking isn't like it was before where it showed every post office it went through. Now it just shows "in transit" or "arrived" and "out for delivery".
Old January 12th 20, 09:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]

On Thursday, January 9, 2020 at 9:43:42 AM UTC-8, wrote:
It occurs to me that I should install the hydraulic brakes before I attach the electronic wiring. What do you think?

The idea I have to test this on my Redline CX bike. If I like the Di2 as Lou says I will, I will get another road bike upon which I can fit disk brakes and then sell the Redline off. There is a pretty good market for framesets even though fully assembled bikes are VERY slow. Kind of stupid since most of the funny assembled bike can be had for $100 more than the frameset and with decent components on them.
Old January 16th 20, 12:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

On Thursday, January 9, 2020 at 9:43:42 AM UTC-8, Tom Kunich wrote:
It occurs to me that I should install the hydraulic brakes before I attach the electronic wiring. What do you think?

I now have all of the electrical wiring and I have fitted another tool box to be used with Di2. I intend to fit the hydraulic brakes before putting the wiring on. Since I haven't bled brakes before I want to make sure that if I slash hydraulic fluid all over the place I can clean it up before the electrical connections are completed.
Old Yesterday, 01:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_2_]

On Thursday, January 9, 2020 at 9:43:42 AM UTC-8, Tom Kunich wrote:
It occurs to me that I should install the hydraulic brakes before I attach the electronic wiring. What do you think?

Well, I have put the Di2 together. And nothing works. The possible sources of error a

1. The wiring is incorrect. I assumed that the left and right shifters would go into the left and right connector of to two holes of the 5 hole Stem unit. The manual is not clear about this so it was ad lib.

2. The new battery could be flat. I have no way of measuring the voltage under load but the unloaded voltage is 8 volts and Shimano says that 7 something volts is a full charge. I bought a new charger but I don't think it was new since it didn't come in a box or sealed plastic bag and when I questioned the seller he promptly returned my money and said that I could keep the charger. Looking at the output voltage it measures zero but I don't know what the charging circuitry is. It could turn off with no detectable load. Hmmm. So I bought another "new" charger and hopefully this one will work.

So the question is this: Could the battery be so flat that the unit wouldn't turn on?
Old Today, 10:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected]

On Monday, January 27, 2020 at 1:59:08 AM UTC+1, Tom Kunich wrote:
[...]

Possible, but I never came across a new battery out of the box that was so dead that it wasn't able to power a led.

Lou

2009 ERGO dis-assembly/re-assembly Qui si parla Campagnolo Techniques 10 February 10th 09 01:44 AM
BC wheel assembly zfreak220 Unicycling 0 May 22nd 08 11:05 PM
BC wheel assembly poofengle Unicycling 0 May 22nd 08 05:21 AM
BC wheel assembly vanpaun Unicycling 1 May 21st 08 11:26 PM
HELP w/ KH/onza hub assembly PLEASE lancerfan119 Unicycling 5 July 25th 05 09:23 PM