Searching for aero-levers for dropbar postie bike

Old September 13th 05, 02:36 AM
Joel Mayes

Default Searching for aero-levers for dropbar postie bike

Does anyone have an unwanted pair of aero-levers that I could add to this?

http://0rz.net/740JZ
http://0rz.net/d70HN
http://0rz.net/f20Ik

It looks odd, but I can carry a week's shopping for four or 3 cases of
beer easily and the drop bars make climbing much easier :-)

Thanks

Joel
Old September 13th 05, 04:32 AM
flyingdutch

If you're in Melbourne, go see Peter Moore at Abbotsford Cycles, tucked
under richmond railway station on Swan St

--
flyingdutch

Old September 13th 05, 05:02 AM
PiledHigher

flyingdutch Wrote:
If you're in Melbourne, go see Peter Moore at Abbotsford Cycles, tucked
under richmond railway station on Swan St

Joel , did Cecil Walkers help?

--
PiledHigher

Old September 13th 05, 05:04 AM
eddiec

Joel Mayes Wrote:
Does anyone have an unwanted pair of aero-levers that I could add to
this?

http://0rz.net/740JZ
http://0rz.net/d70HN
http://0rz.net/f20Ik

It looks odd, but I can carry a week's shopping for four or 3 cases of
beer easily and the drop bars make climbing much easier :-)

Thanks

Joel

Don't know whether you could call them 'aero', but i have a bundle of
ye olde style drop bar brake levers if you want them. In Melbourne...

neato bike btw... well designed for the job at hand!

--
eddiec

Old September 13th 05, 05:08 AM
cfsmtb

Joel Mayes Wrote:
Does anyone have an unwanted pair of aero-levers that I could add to
this?

http://0rz.net/740JZ
http://0rz.net/d70HN
http://0rz.net/f20Ik

It looks odd, but I can carry a week's shopping for four or 3 cases of
beer easily and the drop bars make climbing much easier :-)

Thanks

Joel

That's not odd at all, I've seen two similar DIY bikes in Melbourne.
The only slightly odd thing is a friend has attached SPD pedals to his
rig, that kinda gets my attention first..

Didn't Cheeky Monkey in Sydney have a payload bike built around a bmx
frame?

--
cfsmtb

Old September 13th 05, 05:28 AM
Joel Mayes

eddiec wrote:
Joel Mayes Wrote:

Does anyone have an unwanted pair of aero-levers that I could add to
this?

http://0rz.net/740JZ
http://0rz.net/d70HN
http://0rz.net/f20Ik

It looks odd, but I can carry a week's shopping for four or 3 cases of
beer easily and the drop bars make climbing much easier :-)

Thanks

Joel

Don't know whether you could call them 'aero', but i have a bundle of
ye olde style drop bar brake levers if you want them. In Melbourne...

neato bike btw... well designed for the job at hand!

When I got it it had raiser bars and no gears (45 chain ring, 18 rear
cog I don't know how the posties manage to carry 16 Kgs of mail on these
things).

I've had Cecil Walkers build a new rear wheel around a Shimano Nexus 7
speed hub and, added the drop-bars this morning which gives a much
better ride position.

I'm quite happy with it

Cheers

Joel

Old September 13th 05, 05:30 AM
Joel Mayes

PiledHigher wrote:
flyingdutch Wrote:

If you're in Melbourne, go see Peter Moore at Abbotsford Cycles, tucked
under richmond railway station on Swan St

Joel , did Cecil Walkers help?

They had some, but it was a bit more than I wanted to spend, they did a
good job of rebuilding the read wheel and re-aligning the frame a couple
of weeks ago though.

How did you know I was there?

Cheers

Joel
Old September 13th 05, 05:43 AM
Joel Mayes

Joel Mayes wrote:
eddiec wrote:

Don't know whether you could call them 'aero', but i have a bundle of
ye olde style drop bar brake levers if you want them. In Melbourne...
neato bike btw... well designed for the job at hand!

I should add, that I'm in Melbourne and I'd gladly take them off your
hands, what's the easiest way for you?

Much Thanks

Joel
Old September 13th 05, 05:54 AM
eddiec

Joel Mayes Wrote:
Joel Mayes wrote:
eddiec wrote:

Don't know whether you could call them 'aero', but i have a bundle

of
ye olde style drop bar brake levers if you want them. In

Melbourne...
neato bike btw... well designed for the job at hand!

I should add, that I'm in Melbourne and I'd gladly take them off your
hands, what's the easiest way for you?

Much Thanks

Joel

Well, I live in Box Hill and work in Richmond, so if dropping by either
of those works for you I can make sure I've got the various sets there
so you can pick 'n choose. The levers are pretty much all like this:
http://groups.msn.com/gumbercules197...hoto&PhotoID=5
Hard rubbish finds...

Drop me an email (remove spamless))
and we can work out something if you'd like...

--
eddiec

Old September 13th 05, 05:56 AM
Joel Mayes

cfsmtb wrote:
Joel Mayes Wrote:

Does anyone have an unwanted pair of aero-levers that I could add to
this?

http://0rz.net/740JZ
http://0rz.net/d70HN
http://0rz.net/f20Ik

It looks odd, but I can carry a week's shopping for four or 3 cases of
beer easily and the drop bars make climbing much easier :-)

Thanks

Joel

That's not odd at all, I've seen two similar DIY bikes in Melbourne.
The only slightly odd thing is a friend has attached SPD pedals to his
rig, that kinda gets my attention first..

Didn't Cheeky Monkey in Sydney have a payload bike built around a bmx
frame?

Don't know if it was Cheeky Monkey but I do remember coming across a
website for an Australian frame builder who made a load carying bicycle
frame,

The Bike Show Danny Colyer UK 1 July 7th 05 10:24 PM
Tyre Pressure Peter McCallum Australia 25 June 2nd 05 10:39 AM
Autofaq now on faster server Simon Brooke UK 216 April 1st 05 10:09 AM
19 Days to go: NBG Mayors' Ride Excitement #5 Cycle America Recumbent Biking 0 March 30th 05 07:32 PM
FAQ Just zis Guy, you know? UK 27 September 5th 03 10:58 PM