I need help hitting record again.

Old July 24th 08, 04:39 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
hungry4uni

Default I need help hitting record again.

Hey everyone,

I've been pm'ing people this question, but I want to hear it from
everyone.

If you watch my'last' (http://vimeo.com/1387968) video, I hit 65.5 cm.
static. The problem is, I can't get it again. I have been outside for 2
hours a day trying to get it for the past 2-3 days. My questions a

1. Do you guys ever lose a jump and can't get it again? If so, what do
you do?
2. How come I could do it on my first attempt, but now, after 2 hours a
day, I can't get it?
3. Since this jump was obviously luck, how to I get it back?

--
hungry4uni

If only all bikes were cut in two

'My
Videos'
(http://www.youtube.com/user/mthomasdpm)
*'My
Sponsor' (www.sixsixone.com/)*
Old July 24th 08, 04:46 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unreal-Wheel

Practice stationary SIF tucks before every trials session to get
yourself ready to do a big jump.

Are you having a mental block?

--
Unreal-Wheel

)-2xLegwrap-O 2nd Place
Old July 24th 08, 04:54 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
littleman

It's probally a mental block. Like unreal-wheel said.

You have to be able to imagine yourself doing it, and know that you can
do it, or else your just wasting your energy by attempting it over and
over again.

Take a few days rest and let your muscles cool down.

--
littleman

http://sixsixone.com/
Old July 24th 08, 11:35 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
thejdw

get realy ****ed off with your self then just do it, works for me when i
forget stuff
-and your showing penut butter and jam

--
thejdw

I didn't spell it wrong, you just read it wrong!
Old July 24th 08, 02:06 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Nicf

It sounds like a mental block because the first time you thought that it
was doable but then you probably got hurt so now you have a metal block
so were your pads and keep telling yourself that you can do it

it works for me

--
Nicf

'municycle.ca' (http://www.municycle.ca) the Best unicycle store
in canada!!
Old July 24th 08, 02:38 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Conrad.Nguyen

Why would you want to hit your record again? Wouldn't you want to go
over it?

--
Conrad.Nguyen
Old July 24th 08, 04:24 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Nicf

Conrad.Nguyen wrote:
Why would you want to hit your record again? Wouldn't you want to go
over it?

Conrad has a point!
you should try that

Old July 24th 08, 05:41 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skrobo

stop thinking and just do.
i eat crap every time i think about how i'm going to fly through the
air over x amount of stairs (unless its like 4), or do such and such
trick, you just have to go for it.

--
skrobo

Unicycle For Christ

'MY VIDEOS-for enjoyment purposes'
(http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=skroboskim)

do it for the joy, do it for the fun, do it for the looks, do it for
yourself.
Old July 24th 08, 06:00 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Catboy

Practice less prehops, it'll save you energy and would make your lines
look a lot cleaner.

--
Catboy

'I have the amazing power to talk to cats! =^.^='
(http://tinyurl.com/42zjrm)

----The biggest pussy you'll ever meet.
Old July 24th 08, 11:20 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Magixause

Try putting another pallet on top of what your record and try to get
that even if you keep missing and end up crank grabbing. Then take that
pallet off and try hitting your record again. I can almost guaranty it
will look way easy and you'll be able to get it.

--
Magixause

Aaron Bickel

Is this hitting races too? Bill C Racing 11 June 25th 08 04:24 AM
hitting bricks TerryJ UK 3 December 20th 07 08:29 PM
If you're tired of hitting penguins Mark McNeill UK 2 July 11th 06 02:36 AM
My heels keep hitting cranks oldfatboy Unicycling 12 September 25th 05 08:22 PM
Shit hitting the fan. crit PRO Racing 58 April 6th 05 08:02 AM