My first day shopping for a recumbent in person in Los Angeles

Old August 6th 05, 02:45 AM
Terrence Brannon

Default My first day shopping for a recumbent in person in Los Angeles

I had called around and surfed the web but today I went in person to
The Bicycle Work Shop in Santa Monica (Los Angeles) California:

http://www.recumbentbikes.info

I enjoyed riding the recumbent. My knee began to feel odd. I injured
it many years ago falling on it as a skateboarder. My knee didn't hurt
it just felt somewhat uncomfortable. I think if I had brought the seat
in a little, it would have lessed the sensation.

They were charging 749.99 for a Sun recumbent similar to this one:

http://www.sunbicycles.com/03/html_0...edster_sx.html

and said it only came in blue. I had been hoping for white or blue.

I really wanted to get one by Monday and was thinking about getting a
used Haluzak for 850 listed he

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/bik/87422421.html

Oh well, riding the recumbent was sheer joy. I found it odd that a
little foldup bike I tried later did not cause any knee discomfort
whatsoever.

This ends a rather content-less post
--
Terrence Brannon, , http://www.livingcosmos.org
Old August 6th 05, 03:25 AM
Leif

Get the Haluzak!

-Leif

Old August 6th 05, 03:42 PM
Terrence Brannon

"Leif" writes:

Get the Haluzak!

Evidently it's sold. The manager of Bent-Up Bicycles is selling his
Bachetta Giro soon... I dont have his asking price or specfic model
number yet, but here's the bike:

http://bentupcycles.com/site/showite...y&Catal og=39

I really think 800.00 is my limit though as a beginning rider mainly
interested in commuting.

-Leif

--
Terrence Brannon, , http://www.livingcosmos.org
Old August 6th 05, 07:47 PM
Leif

Mike is right. Try to ride as many variations as you can to get a feel
for what feels best. Dana at Bent Up Cycles is really good at letting
people do this. He also has a good selection of bikes so a visit to
his store is probably worth considering.

Let us know what you get.

-Leif

Old August 18th 05, 08:52 AM
Edward Dolan

"Leif" wrote in message
oups.com...
Get the Haluzak!

-Leif

The Haluzak was never a good recumbent. The damn seat was not comfy and the
wheel base was too short. If you want a twitchy recumbent that does not
handle well, then by all means get the Haluzak. I am surprised they are
still in business.

--
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old August 18th 05, 08:54 AM
Edward Dolan

Default Haluzak sold, Giro on the horizon

"Leif" wrote in message
ups.com...
Mike is right. Try to ride as many variations as you can to get a feel
for what feels best. Dana at Bent Up Cycles is really good at letting
people do this. He also has a good selection of bikes so a visit to
his store is probably worth considering.

Let us know what you get.

-Leif

When you are test riding a recumbent, always do so for at least one hour.
Anything less than that and you will not know anything.