Burley Django: Chain slips in first gear

Old August 6th 05, 05:58 PM
enrique

Default Burley Django: Chain slips in first gear

Has anyone experienced this problem? I'm having trouble with dropping
the rear derailler to 1st gear (gear 2-1). Instead of setting, the
chain slips instead. Does anyone know how this can be corrected?

Thanks.

epp

P.S. - pardon the incorrect terminology if that applies here; I'm
learning

Old August 6th 05, 09:44 PM
Steve knight

On 6 Aug 2005 09:58:01 -0700, "enrique"
wrote:

Has anyone experienced this problem? I'm having trouble with dropping
the rear derailler to 1st gear (gear 2-1). Instead of setting, the
chain slips instead. Does anyone know how this can be corrected?

well we need to define slips. does it skip so you get jolts? or does
it want to leave that gear? the first is usualy caused by a worn
chaind and or worn cogs. the second is a simple adjsutment.
Knight-Toolworks
http://www.knight-toolworks.com
affordable handmade wooden planes
Old August 8th 05, 05:47 PM
enrique

It feels like it wants to leave the gear, as if the chain hasn't fully
seated itself on the cog. Maybe it's between gears?

Thanks.

epp

Old August 9th 05, 12:03 AM
John Knez

enrique wrote:
It feels like it wants to leave the gear, as if the chain hasn't fully
seated itself on the cog. Maybe it's between gears?

Thanks.

epp

Is the chain slipping off the large cog in the rear gear cluster? If it
is, try letting out your low limit screw a little bit.

---
John Knez
Old August 9th 05, 02:53 AM
Steve knight

On 8 Aug 2005 09:47:54 -0700, "enrique"
wrote:

It feels like it wants to leave the gear, as if the chain hasn't fully
seated itself on the cog. Maybe it's between gears?

ok thats an easy thing to fix. there is eitehr a knob on the shifter
where the cable comes out or at the back fo the derailler when the
cable goes into it. 1/2 a turn usualy counterclockwise will fix it.
just turn it a bit try it and see if it has stopped.