Useful Definitions Of ebikes for Regulatory Purposes

Old February 16th 21, 03:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bret Cahill

Default Useful Definitions Of ebikes for Regulatory Purposes

Your starting point (at the top) was a bike that is never
plugged in. Now you are talking about plug in. It can be
agreed that electricity is likely to be more efficient than
food.

Several orders of magnitude but who's counting?
You could grow your own turnips and cook them with your own wood.
What is your definition of "efficiently"?

New PCB and other e aircraft motors are up to 97%.

80% from wall plug to battery, 95% from battery to motor. Times 97%
makes 69%.

That still beats anything in ICE or even combined cycle.

And who cares about the loss charging the battery?

Not caring about it does not make it go away.

In some places they are so desperate to get rid of energy they are willing to resort to H2 for storage. A horrific inefficiency.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...built-by-april

Pretty interesting the first country on carbon is one of the first off.

See the revived post on accelerating to red lights for some evidence
of where the U. S. is politically.

Musk simply exploits the fascism to shift to green energy. Such a
dicey maneuver needs to be watched very carefully.

I am not familiar enough with the USA but in Britain traffic lights are
deliberately designed to make the traffic stop, rather than keep things
moving. The desire to "beat the lights" is the inevitable consequence.

The nice thing about electric cars is that they don't make appalling
noises when accelerating.

Recently there was a fashion for the manufacturers of some cars to
inject fuel on overrun to make popping noises for a faux legacy sound.
When they overtake me on my bike it's bad enough when a car barks on
acceleration but when they pop on a shift it gives me tinnitus.
Fortunately it was banned about a year ago.

In our modern times it should be simple to electronically emulate the
noises of any antique vehicle for the benefit of the occupants alone
without annoying those outside. I can even imagine a Tesla with a third
pedal and a stick to allow the hair shirt brigade to get the full
experience. It could ruin the steering and brakes at the same time.
...perhaps change pedal mode when a Model T is dialled in.
Adiabatic loss is an energy loss, mechanical friction is an energy
loss.

Adiabatic thermocycles result in an order of magnitude more energy
loss than friction.

With your V8s of the 1960s, 8-12mpg was a combination of technology and
cheapest possible manufacturing, not adiabatic losses.

Old February 18th 21, 10:52 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 16/02/2021 15:05, Bret Cahill wrote:

In some places they are so desperate to get rid of energy they are
willing to resort to H2 for storage. A horrific inefficiency.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...built-by-april

Pretty interesting the first country on carbon is one of the first
off.

Britain has some good scientists and engineers but the politicians and
general public are clueless in technical matters. In my visit to your
country, I got the sense that your countrymen are a lot more comfortable
with it.

Old February 19th 21, 03:07 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bret Cahill

In some places they are so desperate to get rid of energy they are
willing to resort to H2 for storage. A horrific inefficiency.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...built-by-april

Pretty interesting the first country on carbon is one of the first
off.

Britain has some good scientists and engineers but the politicians and
general public are clueless in technical matters. In my visit to your
country, I got the sense that your countrymen are a lot more comfortable
with it.

Most people here need to be entertained, middle school.

If you just want to dump H2 maybe reverse the excess air fuel ratio in jet engines.

If you can scavenge all the O2 maybe carbon carbon turbines are possible.

Old February 19th 21, 09:42 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 19/02/2021 03:07, Bret Cahill wrote:

In some places they are so desperate to get rid of energy they
are willing to resort to H2 for storage. A horrific
inefficiency.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...built-by-april

Pretty interesting the first country on carbon is one of the
first off.

Britain has some good scientists and engineers but the politicians
and general public are clueless in technical matters. In my visit
to your country, I got the sense that your countrymen are a lot
more comfortable with it.

Most people here need to be entertained, middle school.

We have lots of those too.

If you just want to dump H2 maybe reverse the excess air fuel ratio
in jet engines.

If you can scavenge all the O2 maybe carbon carbon turbines are
possible.

Porsche is presently trying to invent photosynthesis

https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/2020...els-23021.html
Old May 5th 21, 01:00 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bret Cahill

In some places they are so desperate to get rid of energy they
are willing to resort to H2 for storage. A horrific
inefficiency.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...built-by-april

Interesting that no one thought of high density slurries for pumped hydro before now.

https://www.theengineer.co.uk/high-d...-pumped-hydro/

"A new system based on pumped hydro generation promises to vastly increase
capacity to store and release energy generated from renewables, providing a
more environmentally-friendly alternative to batteries.

"The breakthrough in the system being developed by start-up RheEnergise is a
bespoke fluid with a density 2.5 times that of water. The company says this
opens up a huge number of potentially suitable sites."

83% round trip efficiency.

A really great idea!

Ebikes FMurtz Australia 14 April 17th 18 03:56 PM
Riding a Bicycle Isnąt Protected Expression for First Amendment Purposes John White Techniques 39 August 21st 13 03:35 AM
For entertainment purposes only. gagtape Unicycling 13 August 22nd 07 12:31 PM
BoM Definitions MikeyOz[_164_] Australia 5 August 13th 07 10:11 PM
What unicycle for all purposes? Learner Unicycling 19 September 2nd 05 06:52 PM