Car washes for cyclist fatalities

Old October 11th 04, 05:25 AM
Bobby

Default Car washes for cyclist fatalities

A few days ago a juvenile cyclist was struck and killed by a pick-up truck
here in Phoenix.
Now (as seem to be the norm here) the friends of the family have a car wash
party to raise
money for the family. As I am writing this the news station just announced
another juvenile cyclist
fatality.

Does anyone else have a problems with these car washes? It's like having a
gun oiling party
to raise money for a gun shot victim. I don't think we should be paying
homage to the weapon
responsible for the child's death regardless of who was at fault.

I think it is more appropriate to hold a bicycle safety rodeo for the
community and ask for donations
from the families that participate. This seems like the best idea but almost
ANYTHING would be better than washing
cyclists' blood off of car grills to raise money.

Old October 11th 04, 06:48 AM
Cycleman

"Bobby" wrote in message
newsXnad.10138$hj.531@fed1read07...
[...]

The cops and firemen do that, or the body cleanup crew they have.

They can get $10 to $20 for washing a car, washing a stupid bicycle is worth
only about $2.
Too bad it was the kids fault, the kid on the bicycle turned into the Car.
He should not have been on the street.
Too bad you did not hold safety classes for the kids that live near you, you
could have saved his life, but you did nothing, therefore you helped kill
him.

Old October 11th 04, 08:40 AM
Bobby

"Cycleman" wrote in message

"Bobby" wrote in message
[...]

You certainly make a lot of blind assumptions in your reply. Just about
everything you
wrote is incorrect.

Old October 11th 04, 07:13 PM
Matalis

"Bobby" wrote in message
ANYTHING would be better than washing
cyclists' blood off of car grills to raise money.

The cops and firemen do that, or the body cleanup crew they have.

They can get $10 to $20 for washing a car, washing a stupid bicycle is

worth
only about $2.
Too bad it was the kids fault, the kid on the bicycle turned into the

Car.
He should not have been on the street.
Too bad you did not hold safety classes for the kids that live near you,

you
could have saved his life, but you did nothing, therefore you helped

kill
him.

You certainly make a lot of blind assumptions in your reply. Just about
everything you
wrote is incorrect.

Got any references? URLs? or are you just making this stuff up as usual?

Old October 11th 04, 08:56 AM
Cheto

"Bobby" wrote in message
newsXnad.10138$hj.531@fed1read07...

Does anyone else have a problems with these car washes? It's like having a
gun oiling party
to raise money for a gun shot victim. I don't think we should be paying
homage to the weapon
responsible for the child's death regardless of who was at fault.

Cars, or guns for that matter, cannot be held responsible for anything.

Cheto