Frigo's antics the death knell for Fassa Bortolo's future?

Old July 14th 05, 12:20 AM
Carl Sundquist

Default Frigo's antics the death knell for Fassa Bortolo's future?

Discuss.

Old July 14th 05, 12:24 AM

Sure, remember that Festina pulled its sponsorship after the
Festina scandal of 1998. Two years later, that is.

-ilan

Carl Sundquist a =E9crit :
Discuss.

Old July 14th 05, 12:51 AM
Carl Sundquist

wrote in message

Sure, remember that Festina pulled its
sponsorship after the
Festina scandal of 1998. Two years later, that is.

Except that, according the CN, Ferretti told his team to look for other
rides if he couldn't nail down a new sponsor. That's for next year, not
2008.

Old July 14th 05, 12:54 AM
B. Lafferty

"Carl Sundquist" wrote in message
oups.com...
Discuss.

Just an isolate, single incident. No organized doping on the team. ;-)

Old July 14th 05, 12:56 AM
B. Lafferty

"Carl Sundquist" wrote in message
ups.com...
wrote in message

Sure, remember that Festina pulled its
sponsorship after the
Festina scandal of 1998. Two years later, that is.

Except that, according the CN, Ferretti told his team to look for other
rides if he couldn't nail down a new sponsor. That's for next year, not
2008.

With the Pro Tour, wasn't there supposed to be multi-year sponsorship
guarantees up front before admission to the club?

Old July 14th 05, 01:00 AM

Carl Sundquist wrote:
Discuss.

Frigo's not a key element in Petacchi's train (right?), so it might not
be a big deal.
Look at Phonak; they had current winners in trouble and still worked
out something...at least for this year.

Jim

Old July 14th 05, 01:05 AM

The funniest thing about this affair was Laurent Jalabert
self-righteously attacking Frigo on TV, saying that such
cheaters had no place in the sport and that he can affirm
that the Tour can be ridden without drugs. As far as I can tell,
French TV is applying a "don't ask don't tell" policy
regarding him.

-ilan

B=2E Lafferty a =E9crit :

Old July 14th 05, 01:08 AM
B. Lafferty

wrote in message
oups.com...
The funniest thing about this affair was Laurent Jalabert
self-righteously attacking Frigo on TV, saying that such
cheaters had no place in the sport and that he can affirm
that the Tour can be ridden without drugs. As far as I can tell,
French TV is applying a "don't ask don't tell" policy
regarding him.

-ilan

There was a retired Italian pro on with Hartman and Kelly who was at least
circumspect when asked about Frigo. Can't think of his name at the moment.

Old July 14th 05, 01:10 AM
Carl Sundquist

The funniest thing about this affair was Laurent Jalabert
self-righteously attacking Frigo on TV, saying that such
cheaters had no place in the sport and that he can affirm
that the Tour can be ridden without drugs. As far as I can tell,
French TV is applying a "don't ask don't tell" policy
regarding him.

Wasn't it Jalabert who went on a self-imposed exile following the
Festina affair? Took out a Swiss license and didn't race in France for
a year or so? Or do I have him mixed up with somebody else?

Old July 14th 05, 01:13 AM

Too bad I don't have cable, because Virenque's comments on
Eurosport might have been even funnier.

-ilan

a =E9crit :