Body armour?

Old December 26th 06, 09:27 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
David W

Default Body armour?

"Mack" wrote in message

"Marz" wrote in message
oups.com...
Ok so I fell 3 weeks ago. Broken hand (almost fine again) and badly
bruised and swollen elbow. The elbow injury led to an burst bursa (some
gland at the elbow) and possibly a touch of gout. A large amount of
swelling and pain which went down after two huge antibiotic injections
and a course of pills.
I've got about another 3 weeks before I can ride again and the wife
wants to know what I'm going to do about avoiding a similiar accident
again (this was my first big crash in 5 years and the one before that
was on the road). She'd be very happy if I took up golf or maybe
squash, but I like mtbing, a lot. I also like taking my 6 inch travel
all mountain baby up and down any trail I can find; picking my way
across a jumble of rocks and roots is half the fun.

Anyway, my question is, is body armour only for mad down hill and free
riders or is it ok for all mountain rides or extreme xc'ers to wear it
too?

Laters,

Marz

Kind of a silly question to ask, my man. Ask yourself a question. If there
were a .01% chance of you getting a career ending injury riding 100x a
year, would you pay, let's say, $500 for body armor which would diminish
those chances to .0001%? If you care more about what ****heads like JD
think than about your own safety, that's your call. Also, ask yourself
what the true cost of an injury would be if it prevented you from working
for 3 months, or 6 months, or... forever.

There ya' go! I especially enjoyed the '****head" reference

Old December 27th 06, 12:33 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

wizardB wrote:
JD your such a miserable **** your life must just suck am I ever glad
that I no where as puckered as you.No need to reply asshole as your on
my troll list and won't even show.Bye bye dick head

I can never snip the equivalent of a third grader sticking their
tongue at me and going "Neener, Neener, Neener!" It's too priceless.
What makes it even funnier is now he has "virtual" armor to match his
ghey darth vader gear that he uses wherever he rides.

JD

Old December 27th 06, 12:40 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

Mack The Kneophyte wrote:
Kind of a silly question to ask, my man. Ask yourself a question. If there
were a .01% chance of you getting a career ending injury riding 100x a year,
would you pay, let's say, $500 for body armor which would diminish those
chances to .0001%? If you care more about what ****heads like JD think than
about your own safety, that's your call. Also, ask yourself what the true
cost of an injury would be if it prevented you from working for 3 months,
or 6 months, or... forever.

With pussified thinking like that, it's a wonder this country (and
others) aren't full of shut-ins who are afraid of their own friggin'
shadow. Don't drive, or the odds are higher that you will be killed or
injured!

Go spend your money on marketing hype for instant gratification.
Someone has to put food on those scam artists' plates. Just don't let
me catch you being a jackass on the trail in front of me. No pussy
armor will save you from the taunting I will give you and if you don't
go away, I shall taunt you a second time!

Now go back to the gym or wherever it is you fell out of to act stylish
or whatever it is you do on a bike, newb:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.m...e=source&hl=en

JD 2002=newb

Old December 27th 06, 12:50 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
David W

"JD" wrote in message
oups.com...

wizardB wrote:
JD your such a miserable **** your life must just suck am I ever glad
that I no where as puckered as you.No need to reply asshole as your on
my troll list and won't even show.Bye bye dick head

I can never snip the equivalent of a third grader sticking their
tongue at me and going "Neener, Neener, Neener!" It's too priceless.
What makes it even funnier is now he has "virtual" armor to match his
ghey darth vader gear that he uses wherever he rides.

JD

Jeez, do you really have third graders calling you a "miserable ****?"
not that it's not to be expected considering the fact that you are...kids
say the darndest things don't they.....

Old December 28th 06, 05:49 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mack

"JD" wrote in message
ups.com...

Mack The Kneophyte wrote:
[...]

lol, how old are you?

Old December 29th 06, 07:28 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Beej

On Dec 24, 7:08 pm, "G.T." wrote:
You may avoid some nasty stitches

Don't underrate this. If you have health insurance as good as mine,
this makes the armor basically free.

Even my well-insured friend spent $600 on stitches last time she
crashed. Armor for that particular body part costs around $30.

-Beej

Old December 29th 06, 11:45 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
JD

Hack wrote:
lol, how old are you?

Way to wave the flag, Jacques BoBo.

http://www.strangepolitics.com/image...ent/112414.gif

JD

{For Sale} Roach body armour forget_your_life Unicycling 4 September 20th 06 07:22 AM
Road Race Body Armour J999w Racing 17 August 12th 04 02:11 PM
The ultimate in body armour Danny Colyer Unicycling 6 May 13th 04 03:34 AM
arm armour BigWheelTex Unicycling 8 September 5th 03 05:16 PM
body armour Peter B UK 4 July 29th 03 05:43 PM