Fourth year cycle anomalies

Old December 9th 20, 10:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

Default Fourth year cycle anomalies

On Wed, 9 Dec 2020 07:33:28 -0800, sms
wrote:

On 12/8/2020 6:11 PM, John B. wrote:

snip

I guess that you didn't read the part of your reference that stated
that:
University of Texas School of Law professor Steve Vladeck tweeted: “It
looks like we have a new leader in the ‘craziest lawsuit filed to
purportedly challenge the election’ category. The State of Texas is
suing Pennsylvania, Georgia, Michigan and Wisconsin *directly* in
#SCOTUS.

It is crazier than the lawsuits against the states. Each state chooses
how to conduct their elections and each state decides how to appoint
electors. The federal government has nothing to do with it.

The fact that some states sent mail-in ballots to all voters is of no
concern to the Supreme Court, that's a state issue, and the Republicans
have already tried, and failed, in that approach to stealing the election.

I've recently read in several "news" sites that perhaps the reason for
the "Texas case" is that the Texas Attorney General has been accused,
in several instances, of fraud and this is an attempt to prove to
Trump that he is a loyal supporter and deserves a presidential pardon.
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old December 10th 20, 12:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Wed, 9 Dec 2020 07:18:32 -0800 (PST), jbeattie
wrote:

On Tuesday, December 8, 2020 at 7:08:44 PM UTC-8, jbeattie wrote:
On Tuesday, December 8, 2020 at 6:23:46 PM UTC-8, AMuzi wrote:
On 12/8/2020 8:11 PM, John B. wrote:
On Tue, 08 Dec 2020 19:12:26 -0600, AMuzi wrote:

On 12/8/2020 5:32 PM, jbeattie wrote:
On Tuesday, December 8, 2020 at 2:10:56 PM UTC-8, AMuzi wrote:
On 12/8/2020 4:03 PM, sms wrote:
On 12/7/2020 3:29 PM, John B. wrote:

snip

I suspect that the electoral system in the U.S. has taken
a major blow
and from now on anyone that loses an election will be
crying "They
Cheated ME!".

One lunatic crybaby does not constitute a major blow. Almost
no one actually believes that Trump won.
You would be wrong about that.

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/52...-free-and-fair

That is disturbing and really underscores the effectiveness of the Trump conspiracy mill. SCOTUS tossed the latest PA suit, yet Mitch McConnel is still in denial. https://www.yahoo.com/news/republica...181700786.html I don't know why Trump inspires such blind devotion, or I don't see the advantage in playing the denial game. I think it undercuts Republican credibility.

We had a bunch of whiners after Trump won, but it was nothing like this. Nobody trying to get electors to break the law or refusing to accept certified results -- no serial lawsuits. The far-right wing are looking like the real anarchists these days. Its unhinged, and its still going -- even in Georgia where Republicans have certified the results. That is going to push the state left and not right.

-- Jay Beattie.

There were severe 'rule' changes before, and in some States
during, the election in direct violation of the Constitution
and various State statutes. Beyond that, you have record
numbers of suspect ballots (duplicates, deceased, no ID/no
address, moved out of state etc) and /mirabile visu/ only in
certain States which just happen to show suspect
statistically improbable results. Wisconsin, with which I
am very familiar, is among them.

IMHO Mr Paxton's brief is well considered if he can only get
it heard:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/te...al/ar-BB1bJQr8

I guess that you didn't read the part of your reference that stated
that:
University of Texas School of Law professor Steve Vladeck tweeted: “It
looks like we have a new leader in the ‘craziest lawsuit filed to
purportedly challenge the election’ category. The State of Texas is
suing Pennsylvania, Georgia, Michigan and Wisconsin *directly* in
#SCOTUS.

And it might also be of some interest to know that the Attorney
General making the charge was indicted by a grand jury on three felony
counts related to alleged securities fraud. And Texas Attorney General
Ken Paxton has been charged in federal court with allegedly misleading
investors in a technology company. The U.S. Securities and Exchange
Commission filed the charges Monday in a Sherman-based court. They are
similar to the allegations Paxton faces in a pending indictment handed
up by a Collin County grand jury last year. And
https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-...ons-msna830936

I would expect no less from your average academic putz.

Like Amy Coney Barrett? Egg-head things like standing are kind of important to the academics on the SC. In fact, true conservatives would dismiss the Texas suit in about five seconds. It is supremely dopey.
I note you did not comment on the equal protection argument
(which was critical in Bush v Gore BTW). Up here in Columbia
County, actual living registered voters voted. Down in
Milwaukee County, not so much.

Pah-lease. No equivalency at all. https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov...OTUSFiling.pdf
This just recycles the same **** from all the dismissed cases as though it was true and bundles it into single, idiotic zero chance of success bill of review. This will be denied in about, oh, twelve hours from now. I could be wrong. It could be up to 14 hours. It's a waste of the Texas tax-payers' money. They must have a lot of money from all the California transplants to flush money down a rat-hole for a Trump boot-licking press piece. Sad, sad, sad.

-- Jay Beattie.

Epilog: SC called for responses by Thursday, so my timing is off. This does not have the same time pressures as an emergency motion, but I would anticipate the court acting quickly -- maybe by Friday. John B should be prepared to update the win-loss spreadsheet. https://tinyurl.com/y6lsolvl

-- Jay Beattie.

Goodness, gracious! Yes! 50 losses and only one rather meaningless
win, and today is the 10th of December and as I understand it the
States, two days ago, on the 8th "then these results are considered to
be conclusive, and will apply in the counting of the electoral votes".
And in four more days the Electors vote in their state and it is
pretty much a "done deal".
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old December 10th 20, 12:37 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 12/9/2020 2:49 PM, John B. wrote:

snip

ve already tried, and failed, in that approach to stealing the election.

I've recently read in several "news" sites that perhaps the reason for
the "Texas case" is that the Texas Attorney General has been accused,
in several instances, of fraud and this is an attempt to prove to
Trump that he is a loyal supporter and deserves a presidential pardon.

Yes, that is possible. But preemptive presidential pardons have never
been tested. While Gerald Ford granted such a pardon to Nixon, Nixon was
not subsequently accused of any crimes that would have necessitated the
pardon's use. In the case of criminal presidents the tendency is to just
let them fade away into obscurity rather than prosecute them.

Of course in Trump's case, he'll likely be indicted by the State of New
York and possibly other states as well so even if his federal crimes are
not prosecuted, pardon or no pardon, he won't be off the hook. Still, at
his age, with his health issues, and with all the likely appeals, it is
improbable that he would serve any prison time.

Old December 10th 20, 04:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 12/9/2020 4:17 PM, sms wrote:
On 12/9/2020 12:45 PM, jbeattie wrote:

snip

Texas has suffered no harm and cannot sue to protect the
claimed due process or equal protection rights of citizens
of foreign states. It has no standing.

That's the first thing I thought of. What is Texas's
standing in how electors in these other states vote?

I guess you could make the argument that Texas has a vested
interest in who becomes president based on what Trump,
versus Biden, would do in office. Trump is probably better
for the oil industry than Biden, so Texas does have a
legitimate interest in the outcome of the election.

But of course even the Supreme Court would not decide to
help Trump steal the election in such a blatant way.

In Dane County WI the county clerk blatantly and flagrantly
violated the statute regarding absentee ballots, left
collection bins unmanned at several locations (statute
requires monitored collection) and solicited absentee
ballots in public parks without ID or address confirmation.
The sum of those ballots in Dane County is a bit past
20,000, that is, greater than the final 'margin' reported.

Under court order to segregate such illegal ballots, county
clerk mixed them with valid ballots.

Other issue in other areas and other States but wanton
disregard of statutes by officials and quasi-officials was
rampant.

So far judges have quoted Matthew "Let this cup pass before
me" with on eye on this:

https://nypost.com/2020/07/19/son-an...at-their-home/

and who could blame them? Courage is rare, which is why we
respect it when found. So far, none.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old December 10th 20, 05:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Thursday, December 10, 2020 at 8:17:58 AM UTC-8, AMuzi wrote:
On 12/9/2020 4:17 PM, sms wrote:
[...]

The judges have shown great courage in following the law notwithstanding pressuring and threats from outsiders who think their guy should have won the election. The courts in general have provided the only guardrails in this crash-car derby of a presidency and post-election period.

-- Jay Beattie.

Old December 10th 20, 06:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 12/9/2020 4:17 PM, sms wrote:
[...]

If the numbers, records, testimony and evidence do not
support the argument then why not clear the air?

Old December 10th 20, 06:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 12/9/2020 4:17 PM, sms wrote:
[...]

IMHO the courts are not a reasonable answer to this problem.
But what the hell do I know? As the President often says,
"We'll see what happens."

Old December 10th 20, 11:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On 12/9/2020 4:17 PM, sms wrote:
[...]

What the president said, apparently in his latest Twitter post is that
"Because if certain very important people, if they have wisdom and if
they have courage, we’re going to win this election in a landslide.”
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old December 11th 20, 02:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Duane[_7_]

On 12/9/2020 4:17 PM, sms wrote:
[...]

Did what? Say that? Yeah he said that. The rest is bull****. Damn
Andrew, you don’t think that Trump”s behaviour cost him an election where
most republicans won?