the bike doesnt make the rider...

Old May 25th 04, 11:21 PM
Penny S

Default the bike doesnt make the rider...

Micheal Artindale wrote:
" S o r n i" wrote in message
Micheal Artindale wrote:

Micheal (our beer has more alcohol content)

Evidently.

Bill "National Pick On The New Guy Day" S.

I am not new, i have been here for a while. Also i do not drink, but
hey, when canadians can make a better beer than USA, i ll rant all
about it.

they haven't yet, tho the fort nelson brewery is trying ( Nelson, BC
microbrews) And I"m not talking about biduweiser like American pee-pee
beer, either

penny

Old May 26th 04, 12:11 AM
Gwood

Well, to each their own, but *get a grip*. Labatt's and Molsons may have a
slight alchohol "edge", but that just helps buzz over the taste. Next
you'll try to tell us Moosehead and Schooner are treats to the palate ;-)
You can't compare any beer to Bud and Busch, cuz, well, Bud and Busch don't
even qualify as beer.

... and my apologies to Bill S. for stealing his tagline style ...

Gary "from Portland, OR, the home of a gazillion wonderful micro-brews" W.

"Micheal Artindale" wrote in message
. ..

Prior banter about superior Cancuck beers snipped

Micheal (our beer has more alcohol content)

Old May 26th 04, 12:20 AM
S o r n i

Gwood wrote:

... and my apologies to Bill S. for stealing his tagline style ...

Yeah, well, next I'm going after that slacker Sheldon Brown!

Bill "props to The Master" S.

Old May 26th 04, 01:17 AM
Westie

Micheal Artindale wrote:
I own a Canadian tire(little better than walmart) bike. I bought it 5
yrs ago, and spent $150 for it. It is a 21 speed, front suspension
bike. I have a friend that has a bike worth $5000, it is fron
suspension and is a 21 speed bike.

When we go biking i can keep up with him. I also am able to do more
with my bike. He can not do extreme hills, or extreme rough terain.
If he tried, his frame would snap, it is not designed for that. Me, i
dont fear those hills or rough spots.

So what's the point?

Have your tried riding a more expensive bike yourself? Perhaps you would be
capable of much more on a better bike?

Not everyone that buys an expensive bike is a tosser that enjoys wasting
money. Likewise, not everyone that has a cheap bike is a know-it-all tosser
either.

Good on you for enjoying your biking though.
--
Westie
(Replace 'invalid' with 'yahoo' when replying.)

Old May 26th 04, 01:32 AM
Pete

"Micheal Artindale" wrote

When you go buy a bike, dont go by brand, go by budget, and your

abilities.
No sence spending lots of money when something cheap will do.

Buy smart.... and ride hard.

3 yrs ago, a co-worker bought, against all advice, a full susp dept store
bike. A Mongoose, I believe. $200. Rode it a few times, maybe 200 miles
total. Broke it a few times, needed serious adjustment. Rear 'shock'
suffering from terminal stiction, front 'shock' suffering bad clunkage.

He contacted the store, and they said they'd take it back, full retail
price.

So he took it back, no receipt, muddy, dirty, semi-broken, 3 yrs later. He
took that $200 and bought a Trek (820?) for $220. And was amazed at the
difference.

So much smoother and lighter. Now..a $240 Trek is no grat uber-bike. But it
is waaay better than a $200 BST. There is a minimum level of construction
and design.

Pete
If any of you out there have bought a bike at Costco. take it back. Now.
Today. They might just give you full sticker price for it.

Old May 26th 04, 02:12 AM
mojo deluxe

"Penny S" wrote in message
Micheal Artindale wrote:
" S o r n i" wrote in message
Micheal Artindale wrote:

Micheal (our beer has more alcohol content)

Evidently.

Bill "National Pick On The New Guy Day" S.

I am not new, i have been here for a while. Also i do not drink, but
hey, when canadians can make a better beer than USA, i ll rant all
about it.

they haven't yet, tho the fort nelson brewery is trying ( Nelson, BC
microbrews) And I"m not talking about biduweiser like American pee-pee
beer, either

Back in the day, I put away my share (and yours too) of American microbrews.
As good as anything I've had from elsewhere. Then there's Chimay Ale.

Old May 26th 04, 02:47 AM
Slacker

Micheal Artindale wrote:

"Slacker" wrote in message

So what's your point ???

Go out and have fun on what ever you ride, and dont worry about what it is.

Micheal

You must be new 'round these parts
--
Slacker
Old May 26th 04, 04:00 AM
Micheal Artindale

"Slacker" wrote in message
Micheal Artindale wrote:

"Slacker" wrote in message

So what's your point ???

Go out and have fun on what ever you ride, and dont worry about what it

is.

Micheal

You must be new 'round these parts
--

Nope, been here since Christmas.

Benn mountain biking since 12, before that used my single speed bmx style
bike for trail riding.

Micheal

Old May 26th 04, 04:29 AM
ZeeExSixAre

Don't be daft. ****ty bikes don't do anything well , except clog up
storm drains. Anyone will ride better and progress faster on a decent

Haha... obviously trying to justify something here...

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Old May 26th 04, 04:32 AM
ZeeExSixAre

So he took it back, no receipt, muddy, dirty, semi-broken, 3 yrs
later.

Really! Hmm... if only LBS's would do that

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training