What you hosers don't seem to understand about LWS

Old August 22nd 05, 08:01 PM
JohnH

Default What you hosers don't seem to understand about LWS

Looks liahk someone's bass boat done broked down so they's doin their
feeshin' here in a.m-b..

And lordy, he's already done caught him some whoppers!

Old August 22nd 05, 08:11 PM
Ride-A-Lot

x1134x wrote:
I have read countless posts regarding the baffled feeling of watching
people walk out of wal-mart with a 99$ full suspension "mountain bike"
and wondering what goes on in their heads. . . .

So this is a thread about people like me who read these (your) posts
and get the same baffled feeling. . .

People go to walmart to buy a "mountain bike" for the following
reasons:

snip total trolling bullsh!t

Hey Rockstar, go back to your Hummer, rock climbing, and model
girlfriend. Changing your handle isn't going to change the fact you're
an ingnorant trolling moron.

Oh, and keep your damn mechanized trail destroyer off my trails.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old August 22nd 05, 08:25 PM

The Trailrunner wrote:
x1134x wrote:

People go to walmart to buy a "mountain bike" for the following
reasons:

6. When they can't run due to a broken ankle and know once it's healed,
the mt bike will sit in the garage because they'd rather run than bike
if able. Not to mention that the $68 bike is cheaper than a pair of
running shoes, which I normally go through every month, but won't be
needing for 3 months!

But I must admit, I do enloy the mt bike and will probably even ride it
occasionly after the ankle heals assuming it lasts that long.

But you might be better off with a decent used bike, rather than a
"new" BSO that may fall apart unexpectedly.

But if
not, I can't justify a $500+ investment in something I might use half
dozen times a year at most.

Point taken ... now when your ankle is better ... you should come out
for next years La Luz.

Old August 22nd 05, 08:27 PM
JD

I wrote:
This is so funny on many different levels. There are bicycle-shaped
toys and bicycles.

mr moto replied with:
What is funny is that someone could think that a bicycle is NOT a toy.

Let me get this straight, dependable transportation to many is a toy to
you? I'm not sure what shell you live in, but there are many people in
the World who depend on reliable bicycles for transportation every day.
Tell us all more about your petro-toy (thanks Greg) and how useful it
is as a vehicle in commuting to and from your place of employment.

That is what they ARE, toys, whether you paid $100 for it or $1000.

Does that mean a $100 car is as dependable as a $1000 car? Your screw
is loose.

This reinforces my point of the scale of work for Mr LBS -- Work on
TOYS, and convince clientele that bikes sold from him are not toys.

Your LBS argument doesn't work here because just about every
participant in this newsgroup works on their own bicycles.

Again, there is a difference between a bicycle and a bicycle-shaped
toy. Maybe someday you'll open your eyes. Until then, I'll keep on
commuting on what you see as a "toy" and not pay $3.00 a gallon to sit
on my ass in traffic.

JD

Old August 22nd 05, 08:31 PM
JD

x1134x wrote:
One of the points I was trying to make is a bicycle is a bicycle is a
bicycle, is NOT a motorcycle. And that's what most people think of
bicycles as cheap TOYs and when recreational riding comes to mind, they
prefer a motor.

Who are these "most people"? My guess would be dew drinking, cigarette
smoking teenagers. The only point you've shown is terribly obvious,
zippy.

JD

Old August 22nd 05, 10:30 PM
x1134x

I am not rockstar, I just signed up for this account to put in my $0.02
because you guys are totally trashing a decent product at a decent
price based on anecdotes and probably made up BS. I never rock climb -
i think it is a stupid waste of time. Don't have a hummer - drive a
chevrolet diesel 4 door pickup, and am married to a dental hygeinist,
And NO i am not trolling to **** you off, I just HAPPENED to do it by
stating my opinion: no one should in their right mind purchase a
designer pedal bike when you could get a dirt bike and enjoy all the
advantages a dirt bike can give over mountain bike, Go look through
you local want ads, and you could get a used kawasaki 175 for less than
these ridiculously over-priced bicycles.

Oh, and I'll drive my MOTORIZED (both our bikes are mechanized) bike
anywhere I damn well please and do not give a flying crap about your
opinion that i am destroying your trail.

I met gary turner at bandimere speedway in denver in '96 and had dinner
with the guy, i also bought a 640 dollar GT bike from him. the "NEXT"
brand bike we bought two years ago is everybit as good. They make them
for relatively the same price, Gary just makes alot more profit by
fooling you into thinking your bike is a mercedes. And he has a
million dollar race outfit paid for by enthusiasts who enjoy their
mountain biking, and by people who just wanted a bike, and got fooled
into buying the brand name. They just take the time to set them up
perfectly so when your ass hops on you think "oooh this bike is much
better than the walgoose" , but if you had a walgoose set up perfectly
the difference would be the shifters aren't QUITE as smooth or as
quiet, and the frame is SLIGHTLY lighter. That's it. I just want to
put down on this forum that in the opinion of someone who bikes alot
(admittedly more honda than pedaling) they are the same if you have
any amount of mechanical inclination. The difference is the setup A
moron from walmart assembled it.

and again those trails are NOT yours.

Old August 22nd 05, 10:44 PM
x1134x

Let me get this straight, dependable transportation to many is a toy to
you?

In the circle of meth addicts and crack heads, a bicycle is a great
reliable means of transportation, and currency for that matter.
Yeah a bicycle is a toy to me.

Tell us all more about your petro-toy (thanks Greg) and how useful it
is as a vehicle in commuting to and from your place of employment.

Well, since I live 11 miles from my work, my dirt bike can get me there
in like oh, 10-15 minutes, how fast can you pedal that? Better be
prepared to cash in that last hours worth of sleep, you'll need to get
up early.

Does that mean a $100 car is as dependable as a $1000 car? Your screw
is loose.

If use a toy as your only means of transportation, reliability of your
bike might not be your most pressing concern. how about the
reliability of your JOB? You mean you WORK at walmart, but don't buy
your bikes there? I highly doubt most people here on this forum who
can afford a PC and an internet connection are looking for reliable
transporation to work, they are looking for a TOY to take out and have
fun with.

Your LBS argument doesn't work here because just about every
participant in this newsgroup works on their own bicycles.

So why do you insist that people go to LBS to buy a bike because of the
follow-up "service?" Why not recommend they break out their toolbox and
spend an hour learning about their bike and encourage them to work on
their own bike?

Again, there is a difference between a bicycle and a bicycle-shaped
toy. Maybe someday you'll open your eyes. Until then, I'll keep on
commuting on what you see as a "toy" and not pay $3.00 a gallon to sit
on my ass in traffic.

No there isn't, they ARE toys, and yeah I'll pay 2.65 a gallon to sit
in my air conditioner while you sit at the same stoplight with sweat
running down the crack of your you know what in 103 degree heat, and
I'll laugh my ass off at your patheticness. Stop being stingy and
maybe EARN MORE MONEY. Air condidioning is sweet trust me.

Old August 22nd 05, 10:54 PM
x1134x

People who CAN afford a car, and use it as their means of getting
around. And that's a big no on the cigarrettes but yes on the dew and
pot. a great cocktail for dirtbiking{:-) and i know that you think I
am tongue in cheek joking here, i assure you I am not.

Funny how someone who smokes pot has a 40,000 dollar truck, 15,000
dollar jeep, two motorbikes, a GT bike and a NEXT "walgoose" on top of
my house, yet a sierra club member fresh - air legislating non-smoker
uses a bicycle to get to work!

Old August 22nd 05, 11:02 PM
di

"x1134x" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Want to hear a secret, you're making an ass out of yourself, it's obvious
you don't have a clue what you're talking about. Using your logic, a Yugo
was just as good as a Mercedes, right?