What you hosers don't seem to understand about LWS

Old September 5th 05, 05:21 AM
BB

Default What you hosers don't seem to understand about LWS

On 4 Sep 2005 18:36:10 -0700, x1134x wrote:

Cars are used to get places, and move stuff, running is done for
exercise, or to get away from a stray dog. Both mountain bikes and
dirtbikes are for riding on trails and having fun with (and exercise),
they are TOYS.

Funny how dirt biking never shows up on the list when listing kilocalories
per hour.

--
-BB-
To e-mail me, unmunge my address
Old September 5th 05, 05:43 PM
MattB

Despite logic and reason, x1134x still wrote:
A few points about why I'm still RIGHT:

snip

Please take this to the appropriate newsgroup.
Something like alt.crap-bike or rec.motor-heads.

This one is for mountain biking.
Old September 5th 05, 09:01 PM
x1134x

The majority of this forum should be posters who ride wal-mart or kmart
bikes, because the majority of people who buy mountain bikes buy them
from those stores. Perhaps you should rename this group to
alt.snotty-mountainbikers.
or

alt.don'tposthereunlessyoupaidtoomuchforyourbike.

or alt.ifenginesSCAREyou.rideabicycle

or judging from the gas-related threads he
alt.cantaffordagallonof.gas

Old September 5th 05, 09:15 PM
Ride-A-Lot

x1134x wrote:
The majority of this forum should be posters who ride wal-mart or kmart
bikes, because the majority of people who buy mountain bikes buy them
from those stores. Perhaps you should rename this group to
alt.snotty-mountainbikers.
or

alt.don'tposthereunlessyoupaidtoomuchforyourbike.

or alt.ifenginesSCAREyou.rideabicycle

or judging from the gas-related threads he
alt.cantaffordagallonof.gas

Your news headline tomorrow will read...

Would be mountain niker dies when broken Wal-Mart bicycle frame impails
heart.

I have some gasoline I'll sell you for .99 a gallon. It's watered down
about, but should get you car a few miles down the road. Are you
interested?

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old September 5th 05, 09:39 PM
Dave W

"x1134x" wrote in message
oups.com...
The majority of this forum should be posters who ride wal-mart or kmart
bikes, because the majority of people who buy mountain bikes buy them
from those stores. Perhaps you should rename this group to
alt.snotty-mountainbikers.
or

alt.don'tposthereunlessyoupaidtoomuchforyourbike.

or alt.ifenginesSCAREyou.rideabicycle

or judging from the gas-related threads he
alt.cantaffordagallonof.gas

hey..don't let the door hit ya where the dog shoulda bit ya....

Old September 5th 05, 11:49 PM
Dave Dowler

"x1134x" wrote in message
oups.com...
My asserstion is NOT that bicycle enthusiasts are being tricked, it is

that bicycle NEOPHYTES are being tricked.

Actually you did make that assertion, "i also bought a 640 dollar GT bike
from him. the "NEXT"
brand bike we bought two years ago is everybit as good. They make them
for relatively the same price, Gary just makes alot more profit by
fooling you into thinking your bike is a mercedes .... I just want to
put down on this forum that in the opinion of someone who bikes alot
(admittedly more honda than pedaling) they are the same if you have
any amount of mechanical inclination."

Blindly sending everyone to LBS to get the hard sale on a pricey bike
shows YOUR total ignorance of the market and the products. Lets take a
look at that market shall we:
http://www.planetark.com/dailynewsst...1898/story.htm

snip sales data of bicycle shaped objects

I never denied that a large number of BSOs are sold, or that they have their
place (like on the top of your truck). I've spent a fair share of time in
bike shops, and never had a hard sell experience. There must be exceptions,
but I've always found bike shops to be on the mellower end of the sales
intensity spectrum. YMMV

If they are going to ride it for serious MOUNTAIN BIKING, then walmart
bikes are not up to the task due to the increased stresses placed on
the bike in these condiditons, and the bike manufacturer's even warn
you of this. You will need to purchase a "high-end specialty bicycle".
And since they've gotten to this part of the purchasing question,

I see you have learned to back pedal on your NEXT BSO.

x1134x chime's in with:

"If you're into getting outdoors on serious trails, and are planning on
dropping big bucks on a BICYCLE, have you considered that you could buy
a dirt bike with that money? A bike that has a MOTOR on it? A bike that
would blow the most expensive of mountain bikes off the road like a
dried leaf? IMHO its more fun. . . .

I think the majority of the 19 million bicycle buying americans agree
with me.

Well, the fact that McDonald's has sold a gazillion burger shaped objects
doesn't make them fine cuisine. If people ask questions about buying a
mountain bike, in a mountain biking group, they are not looking for dirt
bike info. Of the 6 people I ride with most often, 3 are former dirt bike
owners and one still rides moto as well as pedals. They all know the
economics and the fun factor for both machines, and have been quite happy to
invest in good bicycles. A small sample, but real data compared to your
telepathic survey of the 19 million!

Dave D

Old September 6th 05, 04:45 AM
x1134x

My asserstion is NOT that bicycle enthusiasts are being tricked, it is
that bicycle NEOPHYTES are being tricked.

Actually you did make that assertion, "i also bought a 640 dollar GT bike
from him. the "NEXT"
brand bike we bought two years ago is everybit as good. They make them
for relatively the same price, Gary just makes alot more profit by
fooling you into thinking your bike is a mercedes .... I just want to
put down on this forum that in the opinion of someone who bikes alot
(admittedly more honda than pedaling) they are the same if you have
any amount of mechanical inclination."

Somehow in that quote you missed showing how I made the assertion that
bicycle enthusiasts were being tricked. Funny, in that snippet of my
rantings, I never even mention bicycle enthusiasts being tricked. Did
you just drop acid?

snip sales data of bicycle shaped objects

Funny how the meat and cheese of my arguement (THE FACTS) seem to get
snipped out! But my opinions, which I state are MY OPINIONS, are
browbeated to death.

If they are going to ride it for serious MOUNTAIN BIKING, then walmart
bikes are not up to the task due to the increased stresses placed on
the bike in these condiditons, and the bike manufacturer's even warn
you of this. You will need to purchase a "high-end specialty bicycle".
And since they've gotten to this part of the purchasing question,

I see you have learned to back pedal on your NEXT BSO.

I never said NEXT "BSO's" were suitable for hardcore mountain biking,
just that they were adequate for MOST peoples needs/desires from a
bicycle.

Well, the fact that McDonald's has sold a gazillion burger shaped objects
doesn't make them fine cuisine.

True but just because one person gets sick at jack in the box doesn't
mean we would recommend that no one ever go to jack in the box, they
sell millions of burgers, and a few come up bad. We all know someone
who got food poisoning from a fast food restraunt but we still go
there. . . .

people ask questions about buying a mountain bike, in a mountain biking group, they are not looking for dirt
bike info.

And I'm not handing out dirt bike info, just bicycle purchasing info!
I'm showing them a SIMILAR option at a SIMILAR price. I'm sure x out
of 10 people would appreciate being notified that a dirtbike can be
purchased for the price of a high-end specialty bicycle. And I'm sure x
does not equal zero.

Of the 6 people I ride with most often, 3 are former dirt bike
owners and one still rides moto as well as pedals. They all know the
economics and the fun factor for both machines, and have been quite happy to
invest in good bicycles. A small sample, but real data compared to your
telepathic survey of the 19 million!

Telepathic? so now I made up my own NEWS WEBSITE, and did fake
interviews with the heads of bicycle companies! Sorry Dave but that
link is to a NEWS website all quotes were copy/pasted, and those
figures are FACTS (better put a "snip" there) produced by the companies
for the stockholders. The MAJORITY of the 19 million bicycles sold in
the U.S. were WALGOOSES whether Dave Dowler belives it or not.

Old September 6th 05, 03:40 PM
MattB

x1134x wrote:
The majority of this forum should be posters who ride wal-mart or kmart
bikes, because the majority of people who buy mountain bikes buy them
from those stores. Perhaps you should rename this group to
alt.snotty-mountainbikers.
or

alt.don'tposthereunlessyoupaidtoomuchforyourbike.

or alt.ifenginesSCAREyou.rideabicycle

or judging from the gas-related threads he
alt.cantaffordagallonof.gas

Yeah sure, if it would work (and I could do it).

How's this: You win. I assure you I'll go buy a ****ty bike and really
expensive petro toys because you've change my mind. I'll be sure to
gloat about them (and tell everyone who may not understand just how
costly they were) and how they are "better" than bikes. I'll feel so
superior! You work here is done. Now move on to find other lost souls to
show them how silly they are bing with all that human-powered stuff.

Matt