"Driver banned for Olympian crash"

Old December 9th 06, 12:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

Default "Driver banned for Olympian crash"

Story about Emma Davies-Jones' accident and driver's sentence.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...er/6216524.stm

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net

Old December 9th 06, 01:45 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dan Gregory

Simon Mason wrote:
Story about Emma Davies-Jones' accident and driver's sentence.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...er/6216524.stm

Six months community service in an A & E I hope!
Old December 9th 06, 01:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven

Dan Gregory wrote on 09/12/2006 13:45 +0100:
Simon Mason wrote:
Story about Emma Davies-Jones' accident and driver's sentence.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...er/6216524.stm

Six months community service in an A & E I hope!

Bicycle courier shirley?

--
Tony

"...has many omissions and contains much that is apocryphal, or at least
wildly inaccurate..."
Douglas Adams; The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Old December 9th 06, 04:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon D

Tony Raven laid this down on his screen :
Simon Mason wrote:
Story about Emma Davies-Jones' accident and driver's sentence.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...er/6216524.stm

Six months community service in an A & E I hope!

Bicycle courier shirley?

I think he should be given a large bag of cats eyes and made to go and
replace every one between Junctions 15 and 16 of the M25.

Without closing any lanes, obviously.

Splat.

--
Simon

Old December 10th 06, 10:55 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
wafflycat

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
Story about Emma Davies-Jones' accident and driver's sentence.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...er/6216524.stm

He got off lightly. Come the revolution, I'd had dished out the standard urc
punishment after having his nether regions done over with sandpaper and a
rusty scalpel, then dunked in bleach.

Old December 10th 06, 06:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Clayton

"wafflycat" wrote in message

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
Story about Emma Davies-Jones' accident and driver's sentence.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...er/6216524.stm

He got off lightly. Come the revolution, I'd had dished out the standard
urc punishment after having his nether regions done over with sandpaper
and a rusty scalpel, then dunked in bleach.

I'd be far more severe. This bloke almost paralysed the poor woman - who
now lives abroad. Largely due to his awful actions.

Remember also that it was only due to exceptional events that he was caught
at all (following driver chased him / police actually took an interest).
The driver strenuously denied his act.

Seems light treatment to me.

Then I'm biased. Biased because I've encountered similarly callous
driving.

--
John Clayton
www.calder-clarion.co.uk

Old December 10th 06, 08:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
wafflycat

"John Clayton" wrote in message

"wafflycat" wrote in message

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
Story about Emma Davies-Jones' accident and driver's sentence.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...er/6216524.stm

He got off lightly. Come the revolution, I'd had dished out the standard
urc punishment after having his nether regions done over with sandpaper
and a rusty scalpel, then dunked in bleach.

I'd be far more severe. This bloke almost paralysed the poor woman - who
now lives abroad. Largely due to his awful actions.

Oh the standard urc treatment is shoot him and then burn the body. Quite
severe ;-)

Remember also that it was only due to exceptional events that he was
caught at all (following driver chased him / police actually took an
interest). The driver strenuously denied his act.

Seems light treatment to me.

Then I'm biased. Biased because I've encountered similarly callous
driving.

I'm just as biased. Death & injury when motor vehicle is the effective
weapon of choice is treated far too leniently IMO.

Old December 11th 06, 08:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
burt

"John Clayton" wrote in message

Seems light treatment to me.

Then I'm biased. Biased because I've encountered similarly callous
driving.

My next door neighbour was mown down by a driver who deliberately used his
vehicle as a weapon. Neighbour had fractured skull and various other
injuries, it was considered likely by the medical staff that he could die.
Nine months later he is recovering well, but still hasn't gone back to work,
and is a shadow of his former self. Two others were also injured quite
severely, broken bones etc.

The court case has just been heard. The driver got 15 months in prison. If
he'd used a gun or a knife, he'd be looking at the same sentence, in years
not months.

Justice? Don't make me laugh. As long as the legal system of this country
allows drivers to avoid the consequences of their actions, the roads will
remain the dangerous places they now are.

Old December 11th 06, 11:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mark Thompson

burt wrote in . uk:

The court case has just been heard. The driver got 15 months in
prison. If he'd used a gun or a knife, he'd be looking at the same
sentence, in years not months.

Unfortunately not true.
Old December 12th 06, 09:29 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Roger Merriman

Simon Mason wrote:
Story about Emma Davies-Jones' accident and driver's sentence.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...er/6216524.stm

Six months community service in an A & E I hope!

Bicycle courier shirley?

I think he should be given a large bag of cats eyes and made to go and
replace every one between Junctions 15 and 16 of the M25.

Without closing any lanes, obviously.

Splat.

my pet (road) hate at the moment is the lorry trenches in the M4 i vote
for him to put to work on them.

in all seriousness reading that report he's a absoult ****..

roger