Car making a left turn in front of me

Old August 13th 07, 02:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides

Default Car making a left turn in front of me

wrote:
If you ride very much in the city, and you obey traffic laws, this
sooner or later happens.

SNIP

Today's Driver From Mars experience, for me, was the 1d10t who made a
left turn from the through lane. Yup, I had the green (going through),
and the left turn signals were red. Nope, no turn signal from the
motorist.

I'm sure some out there can top that just from their rides this
weekend.

Old August 13th 07, 08:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
AustinMN

On Aug 11, 6:45 pm, (Tom Keats) wrote:
But women going topless are /never/ invisible to drivers.
Maybe that's the safest thing to be. Women -- take note.

As much as I like that idea (IANAW), I believe it would make
*everything* else invisible to about 50% of the population...

Austin

Old August 14th 07, 01:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.rides
Papa Tom

I think we're being a little too hard on our fellow road-users. You have to
admit that bicyclists have earned the reputation of riding erratically,
blowing through red lights and STOP signs, etc. When I'm behind the wheel
of a car, I like to assume that any adult cyclist on the road is going to do
what he/she is supposed to do. Unfortunately, many more times than not, I
am wrong, and I find myself improvising at the very last second to avoid
trouble and protect the cyclist from other - less bicycle savvy - motorists.