Any of You Do Trikes -- in A Metro Area, Too??

Old March 2nd 06, 02:28 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc

Default Any of You Do Trikes -- in A Metro Area, Too??

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

"GaryG" wrote in message
"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

[...]

Gary needs to answer the question of why there are so many homos when

we
know nature would never create so many.

Other than your own fears and apparent obsessions, what evidence do you
have
that the frequency of homosexuality is increasing?

Surely you jest! When I was growing up we hardly knew what a homo was and

we
had no idea what they did. Now everybody knows everything. Something has
changed, don't you think? Even NYC seems to know that an anus is for an
entrance and not an exit.

The fact that homosexuality is "out of the closet" does not mean that it's
any more or less prevalent than it was back in the 50's (or whenever). You
seem to think that just because it's now OK to mention it in polite society
that there's more of them around, but you've presented no evidence to back
that up. It's just as likely that you "hardly knew what a homo was" when
you were grown up because you were an ignorant dumbass.

Must be nurture, don't you think?

I don't know, but I doubt it. Why would someone choose a lifestyle that
is
not in line with their sexual orientation, and that can get one thrown

in
jail or killed in many parts of the world?

It is all nurture. Our society has become as decadent and corrupt as ever
the Roman Empire was. Homos are even being portrayed quite sympathetically
in mainstream movies now. Men are imbued with the capacity for infinite
evil. Surely you know that much at least.

Many people look around the world and don't see it as "decadent and
corrupt"...I think that's more a reflection of your own negative outlook
than anything else. Rates for major crimes and teenage pregnancies are
substantially lower than they were 20 years ago. We no longer have "Jim
Crow" laws, or forced segregation. Women have the right to vote. All these
are positive things.

Homosexuals have been amongst us forever...they're a part of the natural
order. The fact that they are becoming accepted after hundreds of years of
irrational fears due to religious bigotry should be celebrated. One does
not have to embrace the lifestyle, or even be comfortable with it, to
acknowledge that they're just other decent human beings trying to make their
way through life as best they can. If you can't see that, it says more
about your own fears and prejudices than anything else.

As for us being "imbued with the capacity for infinte evil"...it's funny how
the vast majority of us manage to get through life without being infinitely,
or even infinitesimally, evil. Again, this is merely a reflection of your
own fears.

And finally, do you approve or disapprove.

I neither disapprove nor approve. Sexual orientation is not a moral or
ethical issue. I've met loving, stable, homosexual couples who I'm

proud
call my friends.

No, it is a moral issue and no other kind of issue. If you are neutral

then
you are part of the problem.

What's the moral issue involved? Do homosexuals kill more than heteros? Do
they steal more? Do they lie more? What is it that makes sexual
orientation a "moral issue"? Other than your own fears, and the "ick
factor".

If you disapprove, what do you
propose to do about it? As you see, the questions just go on and on.

Yes...your obsessions with homosexuality do seem to go on and on. Did I
recall you saying that you were childless and unmarried?

I am a Great Saint and know all about crapola like this.

You are a a lonely and pathetic bag of wind. Do you have any close
emotional relationships in the real world? Or, is your blustering and
namecalling on ARBR all there is?

You are hereby
forever excluded from my Order of the Perpetual Sorrows as you are morally
deficient and somewhat depraved yourself. Only the pure of heart and body
may enter into my Order.

I'm quite comfortable with that exclusion...life's too short for "Perpetual
Sorrows".

GG

By the way, it was NYC who got us off on this tangent, not me. All I was
ever discussing was the nature of sex and what it was for.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old March 2nd 06, 07:25 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc

"GaryG" wrote in message
"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

[...]
The fact that homosexuality is "out of the closet" does not mean that it's
any more or less prevalent than it was back in the 50's (or whenever).
You
seem to think that just because it's now OK to mention it in polite
society
that there's more of them around, but you've presented no evidence to back
that up. It's just as likely that you "hardly knew what a homo was" when
you were grown up because you were an ignorant dumbass.

Yes, I take great pride in being an ignorant dumbass when it comes to this
kind of deviant and evil behavior. For that I am eternally grateful to my
parents and my local community which in retrospect was a paradise on this
earth.

Homos are not just out of the closet, they are dominant in certain areas of
life and in certain locales too. This is so evident that it is not even
worth talking about. What really brought homos out of the closet was the
AIDS epidemic. Kind of hard to stay in the closet when you are dying a
horrible death from your deviant sexual behavior.
[...]

[...]

If they would just stay in the closet, who would care about them. But I do
not like them parading their freaking life style in the public places of
this nation. It is an abomination and it leads to nothing but murder and
mayhem.

You obviously do not know the first thing about human nature. You are a
liberal who has been brainwashed by the current fads of political
correctness. I assure you that all that is presently politically correct
will pass and future generations will wonder how we ever got to be so
stupid.

As for us being "imbued with the capacity for infinte evil"...it's funny
how
the vast majority of us manage to get through life without being
infinitely,
or even infinitesimally, evil. Again, this is merely a reflection of your
own fears.

You are the one who is an "ignorant dumbass." Evil is all around us in a
thousand ways. It is worse now than it ever was in the not so recent past.
But I do believe you are so stupid that you do not even believe that evil
exists. That is another characteristic of liberals which baffles the
rational mind.
[...]

What's the moral issue involved? Do homosexuals kill more than heteros?
Do
they steal more? Do they lie more? What is it that makes sexual
orientation a "moral issue"? Other than your own fears, and the "ick
factor".

[...]

Well, for one thing, they caused AIDS. How many innocent women and children
(babies) have died because of their despicable conduct.

Old March 2nd 06, 01:23 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

[newsgroups trimmed]

"Peter Clinch" wrote
[internal gear hub]
The extra rolling resistance is a non-issue when underway,

~33% of my recumbent bikes have no front derailer. %^)

I have a three-speed Sachs 3x7 rear hub on my BikeE. I
recall reading that there are drive-train losses associated
with the internal gearing compared to a front derailer system.
Efficiency varies depending on which gear, is used, with
the direct-drive mode having less losses. Sheldon Brown
discusses this some, I think, so there may be resistance
issues even when applying power for some internal gear
hubs.

Another concern of internal gear hubs is maintenance
and repair. They are quite reliable, but if they do
require repair, it can be more complex than simply
replacing/adjusting a front derailer... Some older
gear hub designs had failure modes that rendered
the bike unridable.

My BikeE rear hub has given many years and thousands
of miles of trouble-free service. It can be a pain to readjust
the shifting after removing the rear wheel, but I've gotten
somewhat better at it with practice.

Jon Meinecke

Old March 3rd 06, 02:43 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc

"GaryG" wrote in message
"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

[...]
The fact that homosexuality is "out of the closet" does not mean that

it's
any more or less prevalent than it was back in the 50's (or whenever).
You
seem to think that just because it's now OK to mention it in polite
society
that there's more of them around, but you've presented no evidence to

back
that up. It's just as likely that you "hardly knew what a homo was"

when
you were grown up because you were an ignorant dumbass.

Yes, I take great pride in being an ignorant dumbass when it comes to this
kind of deviant and evil behavior.

And how is one's sexual orientation "evil"? Other than the obvious fact
that it makes you very uncomfortable (the "ick factor")?

For that I am eternally grateful to my
parents and my local community which in retrospect was a paradise on this
earth.

Homos are not just out of the closet, they are dominant in certain areas

of
life and in certain locales too. This is so evident that it is not even
worth talking about.

You have still provided no evidence whatsoever to back up your assertion
that the prevalence of homosexuality has increased.

[...]

[...]

Do you have any evidence to back up your ridiculous assertion that
homosexuals commit murder and mayhem more frequently than heteros or
Republicans?

I think the key thing here is that you "do not like them parading"...again,
this has everything to do with your own fears and prejudices, and nothing
whatsoever to do with ethical behavior.

You obviously do not know the first thing about human nature. You are a
liberal who has been brainwashed by the current fads of political
correctness. I assure you that all that is presently politically correct
will pass and future generations will wonder how we ever got to be so
stupid.

I acknowledge the existence of evil people in this world...I just don't
ascribe evil behavior on the basis of sexual orientation. The 9-11
hijackers were clearly evil guys - and presumably all of them were as
homophobic as you are.

I'm also quite confident that there are evil homosexuals in this world.
But, I also know that the vast majority are not evil, nor do they commit
"murder and mayhem" more than anyone else.

BTW - did you mention that you were unmarried and childless? Have you ever
been married? Had kids? If not, this may explain your lonely, negative,
blowhard point of view (that, plus the fact that you ride a 'bent :-) ).

As for us being "imbued with the capacity for infinte evil"...it's funny
how
the vast majority of us manage to get through life without being
infinitely,
or even infinitesimally, evil. Again, this is merely a reflection of

your
own fears.

You are the one who is an "ignorant dumbass." Evil is all around us in a
thousand ways. It is worse now than it ever was in the not so recent past.
But I do believe you are so stupid that you do not even believe that evil
exists. That is another characteristic of liberals which baffles the
rational mind.

Are things worse now than they were in 1941? Are they worse now than during
the Cuban Missle Crisis? Are they worse now than in the '60's when folks
were building bomb shelters, and we had air raid drills during school?
Worse than when there were Jim Crow laws? Worse than when women couldn't
vote? How, exactly, is evil "worse now than it ever was"?

Again, this assertion reflects much more on your sadly negative outlook on
life than it does the real world.

[...]

What's the moral issue involved? Do homosexuals kill more than heteros?
Do
they steal more? Do they lie more? What is it that makes sexual
orientation a "moral issue"? Other than your own fears, and the "ick
factor".

[...]

Well, for one thing, they caused AIDS. How many innocent women and

children
(babies) have died because of their despicable conduct.

AIDS was originally spread by heterosexual behavior, and more people have
been infected through heterosexual contact than homosexual.

Old March 3rd 06, 04:39 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc

"Mike Rice" wrote in message
On Thu, 2 Mar 2006 01:25:28 -0600, "Edward Dolan"
wrote:
snip

What's the moral issue involved? Do homosexuals kill more than heteros?
Do
they steal more? Do they lie more? What is it that makes sexual
orientation a "moral issue"? Other than your own fears, and the "ick
factor".

[...]

Well, for one thing, they caused AIDS. How many innocent women and
children
(babies) have died because of their despicable conduct.

Regards,

Mr. Ed

Gosh Ed, I didn't realize you were this all-knowing. None in the
scientific comunity seem to know how AIDs got started, or exactly when
it made the interspecies jump from simian to human.

One hpothesis involves an experimental blood transfusion between
chimps and humans done in Africa many years back.

It is well known that AIDS first showed up in this country in the homo
community. However, it is nothing but political correctness to pretend that
we don't know where it came from or how it is transmitted.

Sex is not worth dying for, but tell that to the homos. Even after they
learned all about it, they were and are reluctant to modify their despicable
behavior. I look at it as nature's way of eliminating those who do not
practice a modicum of faithfulness to one partner. The main cause of AIDS is
actually promiscuity, like it is for most all other venereal diseases.

I have never had a sexually transmitted disease in my life. How about you?

Old March 3rd 06, 05:06 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc

"GaryG" wrote in message
"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

[...]
And how is one's sexual orientation "evil"? Other than the obvious fact
that it makes you very uncomfortable (the "ick factor")?

It is evil because it is contrary to nature and natural law.
[...]

You have still provided no evidence whatsoever to back up your assertion
that the prevalence of homosexuality has increased.

The evidence is all around us. Another very interesting phenomenon is the
prevalence now of female homosexuality (lesbianism). When I was growing up I
did not have the faintest idea what THAT could have been. Now we see it
paraded about in our movies and in real life. Even Howard Stern, the world's
foremost Jewish scum bucket, thinks it is all just wonderful.
[...]

You are the one who is an "ignorant dumbass." Evil is all around us in a
thousand ways. It is worse now than it ever was in the not so recent
past.
But I do believe you are so stupid that you do not even believe that evil
exists. That is another characteristic of liberals which baffles the
rational mind.

Are things worse now than they were in 1941? Are they worse now than
during
the Cuban Missle Crisis? Are they worse now than in the '60's when folks
were building bomb shelters, and we had air raid drills during school?
Worse than when there were Jim Crow laws? Worse than when women couldn't
vote? How, exactly, is evil "worse now than it ever was"?

Again, this assertion reflects much more on your sadly negative outlook on
life than it does the real world.

Things are infinitely worse now than they were back in the good old days.
Ever hear of the culture wars? We had a culture back then that was
essentially moral because it was grounded in religion. Now we have a
decadent and evil culture because it has lost those moorings. It is
precisely because of liberals like Gary that things have degenerated so
badly. In short, Gary himself is an evil person because he enables evil with
his confounded tolerant attitudes. Liberals like him will be the death of us
all.

The future looks very grim indeed. I see nothing but death and destruction
coming at us in whatever direction I look. We are going to end up in a world
that is not worth living in, at which point we will all be at one another's
throat. Welcome, Brave New World!

Old March 3rd 06, 05:37 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc

"GaryG" wrote in message
"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

[...]
And how is one's sexual orientation "evil"? Other than the obvious fact
that it makes you very uncomfortable (the "ick factor")?

It is evil because it is contrary to nature and natural law.

How is it "contrary to natural law" when it's been a part of human existence
for all of recorded history?

[...]

You have still provided no evidence whatsoever to back up your assertion
that the prevalence of homosexuality has increased.

The evidence is all around us. Another very interesting phenomenon is the
prevalence now of female homosexuality (lesbianism). When I was growing up

did not have the faintest idea what THAT could have been. Now we see it
paraded about in our movies and in real life. Even Howard Stern, the

world's
foremost Jewish scum bucket, thinks it is all just wonderful.

Evasion duly noted. Just because you were ignorant of it when you were
young, doesn't prove that it's more prevalent now. If you have evidence,
present it...otherwise, it's reasonable to conclude that you're just a
homophobic, racist, misogynistic loser who probably hasn't been laid in a
long, long time.

[...]

[...]

Sure...it was better back in the "good old days" when black folks had to sit
on the back of the bus, and good upstanding Christians could kick the crap
out of a "homo" and not worry about prosecution.

You're a sad, lonely, blowhard with a pathetic outlook on life.

BTW - why are you evading my questions about your marital status? Ever
married? Children?

The future looks very grim indeed. I see nothing but death and destruction
coming at us in whatever direction I look. We are going to end up in a

world
that is not worth living in, at which point we will all be at one

another's
throat. Welcome, Brave New World!

So, do you get a lot of dates with that line at parties? Does that "pain
and suffering" shtick make you feel better about yourself?

Old March 3rd 06, 08:01 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc

"GaryG" wrote in message
"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

[...]
And how is one's sexual orientation "evil"? Other than the obvious
fact
that it makes you very uncomfortable (the "ick factor")?

It is evil because it is contrary to nature and natural law.

How is it "contrary to natural law" when it's been a part of human
existence
for all of recorded history?

You really have to look at very primitive groups (cavemen) to discover
whether a thing is natural or not. Civilization colors everything and makes
all kinds of perversions possible. Pleistocene, anybody?
[...]

[...]

Dont' make me laugh! The young people of today know all about every sexual
perversion that ever existed. I would say something has surely changed. Been
to San Francisco lately?
[...]

Things are infinitely worse now than they were back in the good old days.
Ever hear of the culture wars? We had a culture back then that was
essentially moral because it was grounded in religion. Now we have a
decadent and evil culture because it has lost those moorings. It is
precisely because of liberals like Gary that things have degenerated so
badly. In short, Gary himself is an evil person because he enables evil

with
his confounded tolerant attitudes. Liberals like him will be the death of

us
all.

Sure...it was better back in the "good old days" when black folks had to
sit
on the back of the bus, and good upstanding Christians could kick the crap
out of a "homo" and not worry about prosecution.

Don't mix apples and oranges. We are talking about sexual perversion here
and nothing else.

You're a sad, lonely, blowhard with a pathetic outlook on life.

Well, yes, but who isn't and who doesn't?

BTW - why are you evading my questions about your marital status? Ever
married? Children?

Not relevant. I could at this point make an accusation of you being a homo
since you are defending them, but I am above and beyond all such mundane
personal attacks. However, you are not, so I will merely remind the
readership of RBM and ARBR that you are a scum bag and that Ed Dolan is a
Great Saint and is known far and wide as Saint Edward the Great.

The future looks very grim indeed. I see nothing but death and
destruction
coming at us in whatever direction I look. We are going to end up in a

world
that is not worth living in, at which point we will all be at one

another's
throats. Welcome, Brave New World!

So, do you get a lot of dates with that line at parties? Does that "pain
and suffering" shtick make you feel better about yourself?

All GaryG needs to get real is a good dose of cancer or maybe a heart
attack. A stroke would be good too. Jeez, the least he could do is at least
get AIDS from all his sexual activity, thereby relieving this group of his
miserable messages defending homos.

Old March 3rd 06, 08:23 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
news

"GaryG" wrote in message
"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

[...]
And how is one's sexual orientation "evil"? Other than the obvious
fact
that it makes you very uncomfortable (the "ick factor")?

It is evil because it is contrary to nature and natural law.

How is it "contrary to natural law" when it's been a part of human
existence
for all of recorded history?

You really have to look at very primitive groups (cavemen) to discover
whether a thing is natural or not. Civilization colors everything and
makes
all kinds of perversions possible. Pleistocene, anybody?

In other words, you have no evidence to prove that homosexuality is
"contrary to natural law". Yet another ED (interesting acronym, eh?)
assertion that fails to stand up (pun intended).

[...]

[...]

You're evading the question again, ED. You've still not presented any
evidence that homosexual behavior is more prevalent today than it was in the
past.

[...]

[...]

Sex between the races used to be illegal and considered a "perversion" by
the upstanding Christians of the 50's. Thankfully, our attitudes about
this, and many other things, have moved away from the strictures of
centuries-old silly supersitions and prejudices, towards a world that is
more tolerant and open.

You're a sad, lonely, blowhard with a pathetic outlook on life.

Well, yes, but who isn't and who doesn't?

BTW - why are you evading my questions about your marital status? Ever
married? Children?

Not relevant. I could at this point make an accusation of you being a homo
since you are defending them, but I am above and beyond all such mundane
personal attacks. However, you are not, so I will merely remind the
readership of RBM and ARBR that you are a scum bag and that Ed Dolan is a
Great Saint and is known far and wide as Saint Edward the Great.

You're known far and wide as a pathetic, self-absorbed, homophobic,
mysoginistic, 'bent-riding racist with an over-inflated opinion of himself.
No wonder you've gone through life alone.

The future looks very grim indeed. I see nothing but death and
destruction
coming at us in whatever direction I look. We are going to end up in a

world
that is not worth living in, at which point we will all be at one

another's
throats. Welcome, Brave New World!

So, do you get a lot of dates with that line at parties? Does that

"pain
and suffering" shtick make you feel better about yourself?

All GaryG needs to get real is a good dose of cancer or maybe a heart
attack. A stroke would be good too. Jeez, the least he could do is at

least
get AIDS from all his sexual activity, thereby relieving this group of his
miserable messages defending homos.

Sounds like I've struck a nerve ED.

Old March 3rd 06, 09:05 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc

"GaryG" wrote in message
"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
news
[...]
You really have to look at very primitive groups (cavemen) to discover
whether a thing is natural or not. Civilization colors everything and

makes
all kinds of perversions possible. Pleistocene, anybody?

In other words, you have no evidence to prove that homosexuality is
"contrary to natural law". Yet another ED (interesting acronym, eh?)
assertion that fails to stand up (pun intended).

You are the one who has to prove that homosexuality is normal, not me. It is
ipso facto abnormal since it does not contribute anything to the
perpetuation of the species. That is in fact the one and only purpose of all
sex - period! You will only find homosexuality in degenerate societies which
have been around too long and have grown sour with age.
[...]

Sex between the races used to be illegal and considered a "perversion" by
the upstanding Christians of the 50's. Thankfully, our attitudes about
this, and many other things, have moved away from the strictures of
centuries-old silly supersitions and prejudices, towards a world that is
more tolerant and open.

Yes, the world is indeed becoming one due to globalization. But there are
still plenty of hold outs regarding this human agenda. The final verdict on
miscegenation is not yet in.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

recumbent trikes in Vancouver, Canada area bla Recumbent Biking 5 April 17th 05 06:48 AM
San Diego area commuting questions Noel Llopis General 2 May 12th 04 03:47 AM
Tandem Trikes? brian hughes General 8 July 18th 03 04:22 AM
Tandem Trikes? Brent Hugh Social Issues 2 July 18th 03 04:22 AM
Tandem Trikes? Brent Hugh Recumbent Biking 4 July 18th 03 04:22 AM