Another one..

Old June 13th 06, 08:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default Another one..

Took the youngest to the park this evening. He has been riding his bike
to Nursery this week (and back today - they clearly aren't used to 4yos
riding to nursery as they looked a bit blank when I asked where I could
put the bike).

Anyway, we went off to the park, off to the grassy slope. He ran off up
to the top (too hard to ride up on a Raleigh Max 16") and wanted to
ride down from the top. I hung on till near the bottom then let him go,
expecting a tumble and heap.
He just rode away down the hill and braked to as neat a stop as you can
manage when you are on a big bike and can only just get your toes on
the ground. And then proceeded to quite happily pedal along once he was
actually sat on the bike with feet on pedals.

I wish it were always that easy. he got a big ice cream on returning
home, and well deserved too.

...d

Old June 14th 06, 07:46 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling

I take my 4yo to Windsor Great Park, which we've been doing since he got off
his trainers in October (he was 4 in Feb).

He's just made the move from a 12inch toy bike to a Ridgeback MX16, which he
calls his "trophy bike" as I encouraged him to ride the bigger bike by
telling him he'll win trophies on it.

We do a four-mile lap of the park, and he manages all but one hill, which he
calls "my Ventoux" (they pick things up fast). Surprisingly, he is much more
stable on the descents on the 16inch than he ever was on the 12inch even
though I think it takes more effort for him to control the steering.

He rides in full kit, either his "Hillingdon Slipstreamers" or his Kierin
Track kit that I picked up for him in Japan.

On "take your bike to school day", he is the only one without training
wheels.

Needless to say, I'm so proud :-)

oups.com...